Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2014 1:48:18 PM EDT
Chances are good that I will move to midland soon and since my Sprint phone contract is expired and iPhone needs to be replaced, I'm considering switching from Sprint. I've been with sprint about ten years and I have an awesome grandfathered plan, but I'm concerned with phone service in and around Midland (including souther NM, Davis mountains, etc). Should I renew with sprint or go with someone else like AT&T?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I will move to midland soon
View Quote
 You will hate yourself for moving here. I know a lot of people use ATT.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will move to midland soon
I'll be fine as long as I can figure out if I should stay with Sprint or switch to AT&T.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone else chime in please?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have good cell service with Verizon. At&t seems to be fine as well. In Midland area. Further out west, Verizon may have an edge.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Verizon works well for me out there. When I had at&t it was fine in town and anywhere relatively close to I-20, but the further I got out of town, especially North of Midland it started cutting out pretty bad.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
You want works well, reliable, and good coverage?  Here is what we use for our employees that need reliable cell phone coverage.

Phone Plans

Your talking about an area bigger than most states, with fewer people than live in Austin.  Cell carriers will put towers only where it's economical for them...that leaves lots of square miles without coverage or with poor coverage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
At&t and sprint both blow out here.  Verizon is fair to good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
AT&T or Verizon.  Verizon has a bit of an advantage North / South of Pecos and the Southeast corner of New Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Where we can get by with cellular data modems, Version is the clear winner in the areas west and north west of Odessa.  When you get into the very tip of south eastern NM, there is pretty good coverage, but it some funny company that owns the Version towers in the area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to midland a lot for business.

Works great in Midland proper but once in Odessa it seems as though reception goes in the crapper.

AT&T

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Chances are good that I will move to midland soon and since my Sprint phone contract is expired and iPhone needs to be replaced, I'm considering switching from Sprint. I've been with sprint about ten years and I have an awesome grandfathered plan, but I'm concerned with phone service in and around Midland (including souther NM, Davis mountains, etc). Should I renew with sprint or go with someone else like AT&T?
View Quote

I'm assuming you're moving for work? Wait until you get out there and decide. Talk to your coworkers, who have already traveled to the locations/sites you will be going to. They will know what works best for you. AT&T and Verizon are pretty much the only two carriers who get service out west reliably.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Verizon is what I use and I have good luck with it.

Holler at me if you want to hit the range sometime. I have a membership to the one here and can bring someone for free for their first time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I have sprint and it works ok in odessa/midland and way out in the middle of
nowhere for the most part
My work phone is verizon and sucks ass
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys, I went with AT&T.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top