Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2013 7:11:53 PM EDT
Some jackwagon dealer had a loaded .357 on his table and another jackwagon pulled the trigger before checking the cylinder.    Fortunately it was pointed at the table  (actualy blew apart another handgun on the table) and no one was hurt.  Dealer was promptly kick out of the show and any future shows.     Rumered that the P.D. sited him with public endangerment...?
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn that is what I heard.  Thought that it might have just been something falling over.  Thank God no one was hurt.  I was on the other side of the hall when it happened and it did not sound loud enough to be a gun shot.  That is scary.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Name of vendor?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:08:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Some jackwagon dealer had a loaded .357 on his table and another jackwagon pulled the trigger before checking the cylinder.    Fortunately it was pointed at the table  (actualy blew apart another handgun on the table) and no one was hurt.  Dealer was promptly kick out of the show and any future shows.     Rumered that the P.D. sited him with public endangerment...?

This is why gun shows strap ALL guns and prohibit (loaded) CHL holders.  This WILL HAPPEN.

The next some someone starts screaming about their " gun rights " in here during a gun show, lets remind them of this topic.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I had two tables across from where this happened.  No charges were filed against the vendor or the negligent customer. An information report was taken to document the incident.  There is no criminal "public endangerment" law in Texas other than possibly reckless damage or deadly conduct. Neither of those statutes would apply due to an act of negligence.  They would require a higher culpable mental state.  I'll be set up out there again today.  Hopefully everyone will be alot more focused on the basic rules of firearm safety!
Mike Lane
Texas Firearms Training Academy
www.TexasCHL.com
-train with a professional police firearms instructor

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

...No charges were filed against the vendor or the negligent customer...

It's the vendor who was negligent, not the customer; it's the vendor's responsibility to ensure that any and all firearms on his or her table are unloaded before putting them out for display.

Quoted:

This is why gun shows strap ALL guns and prohibit (loaded) CHL holders.  This WILL HAPPEN.

The next some someone starts screaming about their " gun rights " in here during a gun show, lets remind them of this topic.

THIS.

The obvious safety aspect notwithstanding, imagine the response from the anti-2A forces if someone had been killed in this incident, especially a child or elderly woman, for example; the hue and cry they would send up calling for the end of gun shows would be ridiculous.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Seems to me if your carry gun is in the holster, where it belongs unless you are in a situation justifying deadly force, then this wouldn't happen.  As far as people pulling out their carry guns to show them off or try a new holster, that sounds like intentionally failing to conceal, which is breaking the law.  So once again we have another regulation (law) to keep people from breaking the law.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
On a more important note,   How is the gun show?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had two tables across from where this happened.  No charges were filed against the vendor or the negligent customer. An information report was taken to document the incident.  There is no criminal "public endangerment" law in Texas other than possibly reckless damage or deadly conduct. Neither of those statutes would apply due to an act of negligence.  They would require a higher culpable mental state.  I'll be set up out there again today.  Hopefully everyone will be alot more focused on the basic rules of firearm safety!
Mike Lane
www.TexasCHL.com

you're @ Lewisville, right?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every time some idiot does something this stupid it gives ammo (so to speak) to the opponents.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#10]
It would be interesting to know the whole story.

Did the dealer really leave a loaded gun on the table?  Or did someone slip a  round in the chamber (either some thrill seaking sick fu*k, or and anti-gun person (that would go to ANY lengths to put a dark cloud on gunshows)?

But it would not of happened if the gun was "tied off" , (and that is the dealers responsibility).
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the vendor who was negligent, not the customer; it's the vendor's responsibility to ensure that any and all firearms on his or her table are unloaded before putting them out for display.

I disagree, they BOTH are.  Just because you are at gun show and pick up a weapon (especially one NOT zip-tied) doesn't mean you get a pass on the four basic rules of firearms safety.   This would be a VERY different situation if the customer had pointed the gun at a person when he pulled the trigger.

Rule #1:

ALL guns are ALWAYS loaded.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree, they BOTH are.  Just because you are at gun show and pick up a weapon (especially one NOT zip-tied) doesn't mean you get a pass on the four basic rules of firearms safety.   This would be a VERY different situation if the customer had pointed the gun at a person when he pulled the trigger.

Rule #1:

Was going to post this exact thing.  

Safety does not get dismissed because you pick up a gun off of a table at a show.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rule #1:

Safety does not get dismissed because you pick up a gun off of a table at a show.

Agree fully.  Ive been to too many shows where the wanna-be gangbangers of tomorrow are holding guns sideways and pointing directly at other patrons pulling the trigger.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#14]
The blatant disregard of trigger discipline at gun shows bother the fuck out of me.

Pro Tip: Just because its "unloaded" does not mean its a toy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Coincidentally, this is also the same reason I always carry at gun shows.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rule #1:

Agree fully.  Ive been to too many shows where the wanna-be gangbangers of tomorrow are holding guns sideways and pointing directly at other patrons pulling the trigger.  

Because the Police Officer Instructor in Michigan in my CCW class kept making jokes about me being in the Lebanese Mafia I made sure to QUALIFY by shooting with my Sig tilted sideways.... I also busted out the 30 round clips....

I have never pulled a trigger at a gun show... most dealers do not want you handling their guns unless they are right there and hand the gun to you, and most don't want you to 'dry fire' their guns. I've seen a lot of signs saying don't handle the weapons. hands off...etc...

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rule #1:

I agree, a couple shows ago I had a old fudd looking at a rifle that pointed it at me and a vendor friend and kept fiddle flucking the action. Asking several times reasonably nicely didn't work but telling him if he pointed it us again it would be broken against the floor seemed to work. He seemed a bit "miffed" someone would actually get pissed because he pointed a gun at them. You don't get a pass because you are old for something like that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The blatant disregard of trigger discipline at gun shows bother the fuck out of me.

Absolutely!  Yesterday, at the show in San Antonio, a guy fondling an Airsoft pistol fired it, and the pellet bounced off stuff on the next table and hit someone.  Sure, it was only Airsoft, but what is it about people at gun shows who have to PUT THEIR FINGERS ON TRIGGERS?!?!?  This is almost as bothersome to me as having eleventy billion muzzles swung around and pointed at me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Last Market Hall Show saw some idiot testing Crimson Trace grips on a used Ruger Gp101 -by pointing the pistol at some guys chest across the table...
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You gonna shoot someone who has an ND?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rule #1:

While I understand what you're saying, I'm still of the opinion that the overwhelming majority of the blame lies with the vendor. It is the vendor's responsibility to ensure that any firearms on his/her table are unloaded and secured before the general public, who may very well know absolutely NOTHING about the four basic rules of firearms safety, enter the premises and begin picking up and handling weapons. Just because someone attends a gun show doesn't in any way mean that they have even the slightest clue what they're doing when it comes to proper firearms handling, especially in these panic-driven days when a lot of rookies and neo-phytes are coming out of the woodwork, trying to get armed up while they still can.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

...because you might have to shoot someone who has a ND?    There wont be any mass murders at a gun show. Don't think one has occurred yet either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely!  Yesterday, at the show in San Antonio, a guy fondling an Airsoft pistol fired it, and the pellet bounced off stuff on the next table and hit someone.  Sure, it was only Airsoft, but what is it about people at gun shows who have to PUT THEIR FINGERS ON TRIGGERS?!?!?  This is almost as bothersome to me as having eleventy billion muzzles swung around and pointed at me.

This is why all guns will ALWAYS be banded at public/private gun shows folks.  Get used to it.  This is the reason.  Theres always going to be someone who shouldnt be there, fumbling with stuff they have no business with.

I've spoken to a few gun show promoters and they can NOT GET INSURANCE if they do not require gun banding for all guns, plus enforce it.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...because
you might have to shoot someone who has a ND?    There wont be any mass
murders at a gun show. Don't think one has occurred yet either.

You guys love to make assumptions.

It shows that all of the "security" doesn't really do shit to stop people from getting shot. Tying guns at the door didn't prevent this, and it doesn't make the show safe.

Gun shows are exactly as safe as everywhere else I carry.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...because you might have to shoot someone who has a ND?    There wont be any mass murders at a gun show. Don't think one has occurred yet either.

You guys love to make assumptions.
 You like to lie.  I asked a question, no assumption made.
It shows that all of the "security" doesn't really do shit to stop people from getting shot. Tying guns at the door didn't prevent this, and it doesn't make the show safe.

You still didn't answer the question.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep, I've been there for 17 years now.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Mike Lane
www.TexasCHL.com

you're @ Lewisville, right?

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You like to lie.  I asked a question, no assumption made.

You still didn't answer the question.

I didn't lie about anything. These incidents highlight the exact reason why I won't go unarmed to a gun show (or anywhere else), because they just aren't secure.

To answer your question: no, I won't shoot someone who has an ND.

I will shoot someone who is a threat to me, just like I would anywhere else.

No CHL policies at gun shows only make sense from a liability standpoint, not from a safety standpoint, just like any other gun free zone.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Meh, it was only a handgun. I was about 10' downrange from a rifle that went off at a show some time back

Some of yall old timers will know what I'm talking about. Rhymes with Schmum Schmock
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does not sound like that weapon was CONCEALED to me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I was there. I was told it was a 17 year old who picked the loaded weapon up off the vendors table, I am not sure if that infomation is accurate. Stupid scary stuff. On an unrelated note, what was the deal with the signs in the bathroom reading that neither channel 8 or 5 would run gun show ads? Is this because the broadcasters are trying to be politically correct? Or is there another reason? When did this start?
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if they shot me first; It seems only fair!  

Gun safety is always a top priority but keep in mind folds, you are okay in curtailing someone's 2A rights at a gun show for everyone's safety, just as libtards are after your 2A rights for everyone's safety also.  Slippery slope...

Top Top