Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:03:12 AM EDT
What a dushbag.  Tactical Firearms owner Jeremy Alcede gets on the radio and agrees to let antiguners pass this legislation.

Anti-gun activists may have found a 2nd Amendment loophole: it doesn't say anything about ammunition! So, they're pushing for a ban on selling ammo online.

The legislation would also restrict the sale of ammo at gun stores.

"If you've gotta go one way or the other to make them happy this is the lesser of two evils."  Tactical Firearms owner Jeremy Alcede says this might have made it tougher for the Denver shooter.

"Nothing's gonna stop anything but it could help so I'm kinda in the middle. I'd rather not have to deal with this at all."

The law would require a license to sell ammo and dealers would have to report anyone who bought a thousand rounds of ammo over five consecutive days.Plus, in a direct contradiction of what the Justice Department tells Texas about voting legislation, the law would require a photo ID to purchase ammo. That requirement is why it would effectively ban online ammo purchases.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
It is amazing how many Folks do not understand the power of Social Media.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
So without internet sales how much would ammo prices (and this tools profits) increase overnight at brick and mortar stores?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Is Jeremy related to Old Bill Carter?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So without internet sales how much would ammo prices (and this tools profits) increase overnight at brick and mortar stores?

Enough to make this kind of dumb ass statement to the media evidently.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enough to make this kind of dumb ass statement to the media evidently.  

No, that is his perception.

The fact remains, the best prices on ammo are almost NEVER at a local gun store.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a production company that wants to do a show like "Pawn Stars" but here in Texas. Tactical Firearms, was on the short list to be featured and the owner was gloating about it. That's what makes this even more important.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course it's good for him.

He won't have any actual enforcement/control of ammo sales and you have to pay his prices.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#9]

CALL THEM.

281-693-4867

Called, left my name and number for the owner. Was promised a call back.

The employee said the owner is saying his his words were misconstrued. I stated I have a recording of his words, that it's difficult to misconstrue what was said and asked if the employee would like to hear the recording.

The sales person said his personal opinion didn't matter. The owner would get back to me.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CALL THEM.
281-693-4867

The employee said the owner is saying his his words were misconstrued. I stated I have a recording of his words, that it's difficult to misconstrue what was said and asked if the employee would like to hear the recording.

The sales person said his personal opinion didn't matter. The owner would get back to me.  

You really think he will call back?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope they go out of business.
SOON.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
But but but, they have the largest silencer inventory in the united states and give them away with a free trust and sell everything at $10.00 over their cost . . . . .

BTW:  They are Tactical firearms of Katy on Mason Rd.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
There is only one reason a guy like this could want to have an online ammo ban.  Because he wants people to be forced to buy his ridiculously overpriced ammunition.  It has nothing to do with "pleasing anti gunners", or "helping to stop crime".  Because anyone with a brain knows that nothing will ever accomplish either of those two things.  Crime will always happen and anti gunners will never be satisfied until we are all disarmed living under a 1 world government, speaking with British accents and flying a multi colored rainbow flag instead of the Star Spangled Banner.  So the fact that this guy actually had the audacity to get on a public radio station and support gun control, deserves to be broadcast Texas and Nationwide.  This guy deserves no business because not only is he anti freedom, his range fees are beyond outrageous.

And since when were we willing to negotiate on our right to bear arms?  The general public is not allowed to purchase fully automatic rifles (those are the REAL, assault rifles) and that is sufficient.  Anything else is downright unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
CALL THEM.
281-693-4867

Misconstrued my a**.  Plain and simple, the owner of a gun range should not take any stand on this issue except that a ban like this is a deprivation of essential fundamental rights.  He is concerned about money and money only.  As if he's not making enough on his unbelievably overpriced range as it is.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#15]
He's simply taking advantage of everyone's fear to create a quasi monopoly on sales.  It's absolutely sickening how easily he will throw the entire industry under the bus.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got off the phone, he called me back. He plans to go back on the air if possible and clear things up.  Seems a lesson may have been learned.

He current position is that he honestly didn't see the harm in the ammo legislation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#17]
What a dipshit!
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone, he called me back. He plans to go back on the air if possible and clear things up.  Seems a lesson may have been learned.

He current position is that he honestly didn't see the harm in the ammo legislation.

Meaning he didn't expect the backlash.  How is his current posistion any better?  Any legislation is an infringement.

Sorry, once said it can't be taken back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meaning he didn't expect the backlash.  How is his current posistion any better?  Any legislation is an infringement.

Sorry, once said it can't be taken back.
We had a 15 min conversation.  He current position is that he honestly didn't see the harm in the ammo legislation.

We talked a bit about the anti gun crowds plan and where a law like this can lead that included some of the following.

I related that the antis have a plan with ammo that includes making all rifle ammo regulated as armor piercing, putting ammo on the form 4473 etc.

Also how the DL requirement and process would need to be audited and that auditing leads to record keeping of ammo purchases by coustomers.

If he learns and turns around his attitude I'll take back SOME of what I've said about him.

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I honestly don't see the harm in boycotting his business, I'm sure he'll do fine without my money.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
But but but, they have the largest silencer inventory in the united states and give them away with a free trust and sell everything at $10.00 over their cost . . . . .

BTW:  They are Tactical firearms of Katy on Mason Rd.

Would this be a free quicken trust? Or one he lifted from a real attorney?

Call me old fashioned but I not a giant fan of my favorite FFL dispensing legal assistance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's to hoping Tactical Firearms becomes the most famous gun shop in America.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Here's to hoping Tactical Firearms becomes the most famous gun shop in America.

famous or infamous?

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#24]
From Texasguntalk.com

Response to the "owner of Tactical Firearms supports online ammo sales ban”

First, I want to get it out there that I DO NOT support an ammo sales ban. I am never comfortable with any idea that puts "firearms” or any "firearms related item” and "ban” in the same sentence. I am not a traitor to the 2nd Amendment. I believe all law abiding citizens should be able to possess as many firearms as they want. Fear is used as a tactic regularly and after the most recent scare with the UN Treaty, I must admit that I felt threatened. Threatened that they would sign something into law that banned firearms and this ammo deal seemed like an easy compromise. Here, have the ammo deal but keep your eyes off of my guns.

My opinion on the online sales ban was clearly made out of being uneducated in the way that laws are passed. I honestly did not see an issue with banning online sales of ammo. I have never purchased ammo online, even before I opened this store 2 years ago, so I really didn’t think stopping online sales would be a big deal. I said "if you give them an inch, they will take a mile” and I truly did not believe that this was giving them anything. The phone calls and emails that I have received have told me a completely different story. The outraged citizens that heard my radio interview and took the time to call or email to voice their opinion, also took the time to talk to me, to explain to me where I am missing the point. I had no idea how passing something into law works and how allowing online sales to be banned opens the door for that law to be amended to change the type of ammo, or the amount, or caliber… the list goes on and on.

When the comments and emails started coming in after the interview I definitely did not understand the anger. Some people claimed my statement was based on greed, based on profit- and this is absolutely not the case. My prices are competitive with online pricing and in most cases after shipping I beat online prices. I do not gouge our customers like some have speculated. Tactical Firearms is the largest class III dealer in the US, 1 of 3 master distributors of Fiocchi Ammunition, and I strive to offer the best customer service to everyone that walks through the doors. My business runs on volume and the prices are set to drive that volume. My opinion was not formed from fear of competition but the lack of experience with purchasing ammo online and the lack of knowledge of politics.

I am all about protecting our rights, including our right to privacy. When they passed the law that requires the Southern states to file multi-rifle reports I upgraded our FFL to become a manufacturer so that, by law, I was not required to file those reports anymore. I was contacted by the ATF and asked if I would please still file them as a courtesy and I let them know that it wasn’t going to happen.

I have posted contact information for our local government on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/tacticalfirearms and urged our customers to contact them and fight for our rights. The idea that anyone believes that I support anything anti-gun is heartbreaking but this experience has certainly opened my eyes and I have learned a lot in these past 24 hours. I see it now. I feel foolish for thinking there was such thing as compromising in this regard. Matt Patrick with 740 AM has invited me back on the show tomorrow morning 8/3/2012 to clear the air.

I thank those that didn’t just comment on a forum and then turn the other way but contacted me directly. Your input has had great impact on how I view this situation. If anyone else wants to contact me, please do. I am returning all phone calls and all emails to those that requested that I do so.

Jeremy Alcede

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Greed Greed Greed Greed is his motivation because  if it passes he can up his profit margin. He even brought it up in the radio interview a bout big ammo will be calling him to buy more. WHAT A TARD. Blaming it on ignorance of not knowing how laws are passed seriously if you don't know you don't get on radio and tell media you think it's a good idea with out knowing what the hell your talking about. This type of person will help the government take our gunsq. BEING STUPID  IS NO WAY TO GO THRU LIFE

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Written By Jeremy Alceda:

I honestly did not see an issue with banning online sales of ammo.

The idea that anyone believes that I support anything anti-gun is heartbreaking

When you do not see an issue with banning online sales of ammo, you are supporting anti-gun initiatives.

Getting online sales of ammo legal again after GCA68 was a major portion of FOPA86, and was a very long and hard fought battle. It is to be expected the usual anti-gun forces will be OK with making it illegal again, but to see gun owners, especially an FFL OK with it is horrible. I can't imagine how many other anti-gun initiatives you support, but are now too wise to mention.

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What I was thinking.

I'd rather not have to deal with this at all."
If he doesn't want to have to "deal with it" and he fels the way he does, then maybe he should just close the doors and go to the pussy side.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From Texasguntalk.com

Response to the "owner of Tactical Firearms supports online ammo sales ban”

First, I want to get it out there that I DO NOT support an ammo sales ban. I am never comfortable with any idea that puts "firearms” or any "firearms related item” and "ban” in the same sentence. I am not a traitor to the 2nd Amendment. I believe all law abiding citizens should be able to possess as many firearms as they want. Fear is used as a tactic regularly and after the most recent scare with the UN Treaty, I must admit that I felt threatened. Threatened that they would sign something into law that banned firearms and this ammo deal seemed like an easy compromise. Here, have the ammo deal but keep your eyes off of my guns.

My opinion on the online sales ban was clearly made out of being uneducated in the way that laws are passed. I honestly did not see an issue with banning online sales of ammo. I have never purchased ammo online, even before I opened this store 2 years ago, so I really didn’t think stopping online sales would be a big deal. I said "if you give them an inch, they will take a mile” and I truly did not believe that this was giving them anything. The phone calls and emails that I have received have told me a completely different story. The outraged citizens that heard my radio interview and took the time to call or email to voice their opinion, also took the time to talk to me, to explain to me where I am missing the point. I had no idea how passing something into law works and how allowing online sales to be banned opens the door for that law to be amended to change the type of ammo, or the amount, or caliber… the list goes on and on.

When the comments and emails started coming in after the interview I definitely did not understand the anger. Some people claimed my statement was based on greed, based on profit- and this is absolutely not the case. My prices are competitive with online pricing and in most cases after shipping I beat online prices. I do not gouge our customers like some have speculated. Tactical Firearms is the largest class III dealer in the US, 1 of 3 master distributors of Fiocchi Ammunition, and I strive to offer the best customer service to everyone that walks through the doors. My business runs on volume and the prices are set to drive that volume. My opinion was not formed from fear of competition but the lack of experience with purchasing ammo online and the lack of knowledge of politics.

I am all about protecting our rights, including our right to privacy. When they passed the law that requires the Southern states to file multi-rifle reports I upgraded our FFL to become a manufacturer so that, by law, I was not required to file those reports anymore. I was contacted by the ATF and asked if I would please still file them as a courtesy and I let them know that it wasn’t going to happen.

I have posted contact information for our local government on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/tacticalfirearms and urged our customers to contact them and fight for our rights. The idea that anyone believes that I support anything anti-gun is heartbreaking but this experience has certainly opened my eyes and I have learned a lot in these past 24 hours. I see it now. I feel foolish for thinking there was such thing as compromising in this regard. Matt Patrick with 740 AM has invited me back on the show tomorrow morning 8/3/2012 to clear the air.

I thank those that didn’t just comment on a forum and then turn the other way but contacted me directly. Your input has had great impact on how I view this situation. If anyone else wants to contact me, please do. I am returning all phone calls and all emails to those that requested that I do so.

Jeremy Alcede
[email protected]

So Jeremy's didn't see a problem with banning online ammo sales as his prices are competitive with online pricing?  Thanks for the head's up, Jeremy, I'm sure your competitive pricing will make the drive from Dallas all the more worthwhile...
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#29]
My personal opinion is that the right to bear arms such that could be used to defend my country but more so to defend my fellow Americans from our own government should it ever (ahem) become tyrannical or fail to serve and represent it's constituents' interests.

In kind with changes in technologies the common citizen should have right to bear arms commensurate with current technology and comparable to that used by the government itself.
=========================================================================
The right to bear arms... I might also infer that should I not be able to pay for the arms I have a RIGHT to, maybe the government should provide them for me. There are enough handouts to those unwilling to work, spread some of that money around!

Now let us start there and let not our rights be infringed to any extent! SO now that the governement has enough key words to pay attention....

How about a group buy on Abrams tanks!

OK, so maybe I stretch it a bit above but it is only taking my opinion to the extreme that those who want the un to regulate our lives for us... for our own good, right?

So did I achieve a complete and opposite offset to the extreme left?

...just sayin'... heh

Edit to offset the first two sentences from the lame satire that follows.

When one has a right, it is solid and undeniable. That means you don't nibble and nip and trim to make slow erosive changes and when those politically take advantage of some crisis to harm others' rights!
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 3:59:31 AM EDT
[#30]
When they passed the law that requires the Southern states to file multi-rifle reports

He still doesn't get it. As understand it by requiring southern states to report multiple sales is discrimination. The rest of the states do not have to report.

More importantly, NO LAW WAS PASSED. It was a decree that was ordered with no Constitutional authority as it did not go through the Congressional process.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like he's butt hurt because he can't compete on his ammo prices. Well that dim witted statement just cost him some gun sales. Just like Pruett, I will not spend my hard earned dollars in their store
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sounds like he's butt hurt because he can't compete on his ammo prices. Well that dim witted statement just cost him some gun sales. Just like Pruett, I will not spend my hard earned dollars in their store

What is done is done, I am toying around with getting a suppressor for my deer rifle, but I will now not be shopping from him. I will ask Jen at TX Tactical Gear what she cando for me, if I do it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is done is done, I am toying around with getting a suppressor for my deer rifle, but I will now not be shopping from him. I will ask Jen at TX Tactical Gear what she cando for me, if I do it.

Unless something has changed that I'm not ware of, there is no hunting with suppressor in Texas.

I remember when that shop opened, I thought "cool, too bad I moved to the other side of town, I will have to check it out"

After going there I knew I wasn't missing anything.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless something has changed that I'm not ware of, there is no hunting with suppressor in Texas.

I remember when that shop opened, I thought "cool, too bad I moved to the other side of town, I will have to check it out"

Something has changed.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20120330b

Link Posted: 8/3/2012 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something has changed.

For the better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something has changed.

Cool, when did that change and I wonder what made them do so?

I think they used to use poaching as their blanket excuse against it.  It such a pipe dream but man, if someday the NFA can get repealed it would be beautiful.  No more regulations on suppressors, can you imagine?  I would never shoot "loud" again in any circumstance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#37]
What a dipshit.  Now I'm extra pissed.  Finally get a decent gun shop nearby with an indoor range and the owner doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Good job Jeremy!  Guessing I will need to find a new gun store to shop at where the owner isn't an ignorant fuckstick
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like he got an earful from a few people.  Good...

Link Posted: 8/5/2012 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Wonder what additional rights he is willing to give away now that we have had another shooting? ( Wisconsin....developing story)
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wonder what additional rights he is willing to give away now that we have had another shooting? ( Wisconsin....developing story)

People look at all these shooting and think "take the guns away" but i feel if more people had guns on them and the ammo to boot this shit wouldn't happen as much and damn sure wouldn't be as bad. "Gun free zones" are a joke. Get ready for round two. With this new one.

Btw. There is a part of me that thinks it's kinda wierd all this is happening right before the next election.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What a dipshit.  Now I'm extra pissed.  Finally get a decent gun shop nearby with an indoor range and the owner doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Good job Jeremy!  Guessing I will need to find a new gun store to shop at where the owner isn't an ignorant fuckstick

Fuck them in the ass with a cactus. Atleast AJC is down the road, and the owner is a hell of a nice guy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted by TacticalFirearms

My opinion on the online sales ban was clearly made out of being uneducated in the way that laws are passed... I had no idea how passing something into law works and how allowing online sales to be banned opens the door for that law to be amended

Jeremy Alcede
[email protected]

Wow, why am I the only one who finds this the most disturbing part of the whole damn ordeal?
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#43]
From his original bio on Tactical Firearms' website:

With nearly three decades of experience with firearms, Jeremy Alcede . . . .[he's 35 years old]

..has developed a passion for and extensive knowledge of the industry. Jeremy’s family has a strong military and law
enforcement heritage with his grandfather serving in WW II and his father is a retired Chief of
Corrections for the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s office of 33 years and is now serving as the
elected Ward 3 Marshal of Lake Charles, La.

..Jeremy has over 14 years of active law enforcement duty and training. He has qualified with
all weapons used for official use such as the M4 Carbine, 9mm, .40 cal, .45, Remington 870
shotgun, .308, .300 Win Mag, taser, and pepper spray.

How can someone with all this Law Enforcement and Military experience not understand the basics of how laws are made?

I guess he missed Schoolhouse Rock! - I'm just a Bill.

Ain't archives great?  

Joat
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Yep, guess it's AJC and Full Armor Firearms from now on. I kinda dig those shops anyway...
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Haven't heard anything good about the owner from people that have dealt with him and this just confirms they were right.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

YUP.. i was gonna head that way next week.. nope.. NOT anymore.   Think before you speak

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top