Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 9:53:55 PM EDT
snakes are starting to come out...Seen one a hill that is pretty rocky, it was mid day and he was all sprawled out, i didnt get too close but think it was a typical brown snake (rat) , atleast that is what I keep telling myself. lol. Hate snakes....
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw the biggest rattler of my life at my place on the Pocahontas/Greenbrier county line last summer. Tried to chase him down with the riding mower but he got away. Hope he didn't head north
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 90 snakes in my house, seven eggs in the incubator, and two more gravid females.  What to come visit?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought you were going to say 'ramps.'
I sure do miss those and the Ramp Festival in Elkins (on 4/29 this year).
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought you were going to say 'ramps.'
I sure do miss those and the Ramp Festival in Elkins (on 4/29 this year).
View Quote
lol,,,well it IS that time of year, all the stuff im seeing ppl get seems on the small side.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I was clearing some brush on the side of my house.   Later that night.  My leg starting hurting really bad.  I looked at my leg, there was a welt around the size of a half dollar, with two neat little holes in in the center of it.    I felt ok.   But for two days it felt like I had a Charlie horse from hell.  Everyone that I showed it to told me that it looked like a snake bite.   Three days later.   Still sore, but does not hurt like it did.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was clearing some brush on the side of my house.   Later that night.  My leg starting hurting really bad.  I looked at my leg, there was a welt around the size of a half dollar, with two neat little holes in in the center of it.    I felt ok.   But for two days it felt like I had a Charlie horse from hell.  Everyone that I showed it to told me that it looked like a snake bite.   Three days later.   Still sore, but does not hurt like it did.
View Quote
Blah...I hate snakes......
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't mind them....In the 20 some years that we have lived in this house.   We have never seen any.   But there has been a large brush pile on the side of the house for over a year.   And it is next to a field.   So a snake in there would be possible.   Like I said, I didn't know that it had happened until later that night.   When it started to hurt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top