Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 9:31:17 PM EDT
Headed to the woods again tomorrow.   This time I am taking a M1 in 30-06.   I luckily got Friday and Saturday off.   So, I am going to solo it tomorrow.    My son stayed home from school today.   I hope that he will be able to go with me on Saturday.  I would like to spend the whole day tomorrow.   But I promised my wife that I would pick up the kids from school.   Plus, it is Christmas Parade season.   I haul the trailer.   So pulling duty this weekend.   Once again, wish me luck and I HOPE to post a picture.  

I am going to hunt a different stand in the morning.   Either way,  I am just happy to be going to the woods.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it was a bust.   I didn't see squat today.   I hope to head out in the morning.   Still a great day to NOT be working!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck. Today was the 4th day out this week and finally got a deer. Took my AR with a Vortex Spitfire AR and nailed it in the heart from about 125yds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, it was a bust.   I didn't see squat today.   I hope to head out in the morning.   Still a great day to NOT be working!
View Quote

My year so far lol, least its fun to be outside
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice...

My deer chili turned out really good. Im hoping to bag another one before the year is done. Muzzle loader / black poweder starts on Monday, so may try that... lol.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
My son didn't go with me.   (long story)  I went out early.   I didn't go to my usual stand, as I wanted to hunt under the power line to see if I could catch a deer crossing over.   Nothing!

About ten in the morning I heard something in the wind.   I picked up my rifle, and an animal popped up about 50 feet away.    It wasn't a dog.....Coyote!   I had never seen one in the woods before.  I took a shot, saw a puff of fur, and watched him run away.   I waited, a bit, watched him or her disappear.   Waited.   Found the hair, and nothing else.   I looked for a good bit, before resuming the deer hunt.   There was no blood on the hair, strange.   I know that I had it in my sights.   So either I scared the crap out of it, or it ran away.   That thing smelled.    When I got to the spot where I thought that I had shot it.   Strange odor.   Picked up the clump of hair, and it was nasty smelling.   Not sure what I would have done with it had I found it, but I hope that there is one less live stock killer in the woods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top