Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:23:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Did anyone else see what the early voting numbers were for our state... Good Lawd
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Keller will get Berkeley County Sheriff!!

Unfortunately... Bill Cole has yet to lead over Justice...

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Wheeling Channel 7 TV (WTRF) website says Jim Justice won governor race.  Secretary of State website has not posted any totals yet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Orem only pulled 20% of the vote and Keller won easily.

Marshall, both Blairs, Overington, and Householder won their seats.  Unfortunately Travis Bishop got edged out.

Sucks about Cole.

Also Manchin may flip parties?  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1929175_Possible_flipper.html
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:38:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Skinner out as well..
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Sucks about Cole. I don't understand when the State is flipping Red for the most part that we still vote Democrat for Governor. Where has that gotten us in the last two decades?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sucks about Cole. I don't understand when the State is flipping Red for the most part that we still vote Democrat for Governor. Where has that gotten us in the last two decades?
View Quote

Fortunately the House and Senate are so solidly R that there's very little damage he can do.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you are monumental in bringing the Right to Work law into WV and the  UMWA and others are not happy and they endorse your opponent because of it, the same anger that was show toward Hillary because of what she said about the coal mines is show toward you. Right or wrong. That is what happened to Cole.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I was in WV the first week of October talking with other members of a subdivision ( our yearly meeting ), all claim to be Conservative Republicans and Independents,
I had brought up the subject of the Governor's Race, long story short, they all were behind Jim Justice claiming he will bring jobs back to WV better than Bill Cole.
They also claim Jim Justice will not touch gun issues because he knows he'll lose his ass.( I wonder why ).

Is Jim Justice a Blue Dog or a Liberal, I don't know
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was in WV the first week of October talking with other members of a subdivision ( our yearly meeting ), all claim to be Conservative Republicans and Independents,
I had brought up the subject of the Governor's Race, long story short, they all were behind Jim Justice claiming he will bring jobs back to WV better than Bill Cole.
They also claim Jim Justice will not touch gun issues because he knows he'll lose his ass.( I wonder why ).

View Quote

A republican turned democrat.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I called the whole Justice winning clear back before the primaries.  When you got more money than WV does, ain't much gonna beat you.
View Quote

That's the truth, sadly.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I went to Jefferson County Election Results to see how my precinct and county did.  One thing I noticed was that the early voting was much closer with Democrats staying close to Republican candidates.  On election day, it was overwhelming Republican votes.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only way Jim will bring jobs back to WV is how he bailed out the Green Brier with help from the state at the expense of the tax payers, the same way the state payed Cabelas to open in the state. The man is a conniving thief and is or has been sued by every state and business he has done business with for not paying what ever is owed them and then uses his money to drag out the law suits in hope you will settle for penny's on the dollar because you can't continue to pay your lawyer any longer. The only jobs he creates is for the law firms. Read for your selves
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The only way Jim will bring jobs back to WV is how he bailed out the Green Brier with help from the state at the expense of the tax payers, the same way the state payed Cabelas to open in the state. The man is a conniving thief and is or has been sued by every state and business he has done business with for not paying what ever is owed them and then uses his money to drag out the law suits in hope you will settle for penny's on the dollar because you can't continue to pay your lawyer any longer. The only jobs he creates is for the law firms. Read for your selves
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]
It will be interesting to see what JJ will do for the state.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

As in Chinese curse type of interesting?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hope for the best.   He is my employer.   So, I do kind of have some limited first hand experience with his J for jobs...I will say that of the jobs that are posted.    Very few are full time.   Or not filled by international students.   I know that he has an internet team that looks for stuff.   So I don't want to sound paranoid.   But really don't want to post too much information.  I just hope that the State's bills are paid on time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I really hope for the best.   He is my employer.   So, I do kind of have some limited first hand experience with his J for jobs...I will say that of the jobs that are posted.    Very few are full time.   Or not filled by international students.   I know that he has an internet team that looks for stuff.   So I don't want to sound paranoid.   But really don't want to post too much information.  I just hope that the State's bills are paid on time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it does not end up what the state will do for him, like in the past
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top