Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:27:51 AM EDT
3-22 Carry  Introduction pending
WVCDL members and supporters, we once again stand on the brink of driving forward the strongest pro-gun, pro-self defense legislation this state has ever seen.  3-22 Carry (sometimes referred to as permitless or constitutional carry) will be introduced in the Senate in the next couple of days as SB347.

SB347 will make obtaining a Concealed Handgun License optional for carrying concealed.  The licensing process will remain intact, so that those of us who wish to carry while we travel to the 30+ reciprocal states may do so.  But if this bill passes intact, a license will not be needed to carry a concealed weapon in this state, provided it is legal for you to own one.

This bipartisan bill will be introduced by Senator Dave Sypolt (R-Preston), Senator Craig Blair (R-Berkeley), Senator Robert Beach (D-Monongalia), Senator Ed Gaunch (R-Kanawha), Senator Daniel Hall (R-Wyoming), Senator Robert Karnes (R-Upshur), Senator Kent Leonhardt (R-Monongalia), Senator Mark Maynard (R-Wayne), and Senator Bob Williams (D-Taylor).  Between now and introduction, there is still opportunity for a couple of more senators to sign on.  If so, we will update.

West Virginians, I will tell you this.  This bill's passage depends on you.  If you want 3-22 (constitutional) carry in our lifetime, this is the time to make it happen.  And your way to make it happen is to show up on Lobby Day, in the Capitol Rotunda in Charleston, at 8AM on Monday, February 16th.

The WVCDL does not hound its members for money.  We do not send you constant emails asking for cash.  But we do ask you instead for one day a year to stand with us, and together, advance our Second Amendment rights.

Your state needs you.  February 16th.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Got the email this morning.  What are the chances of Constitutional carry being passed?  Good, I hope.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the email this morning. What are the chances of Constitutional carry being passed? Good, I hope.
View Quote

They're better than they've been in either of our lifetimes, but it's going to take some work to make it happen.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Have fun here

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have fun here

View Quote

Yeah, saw that in the other WVCDL email.  What a schmuck Glockcop is.  I told my uncle who lives up near
Martinsburg, and he and my cousin won't be going to that guy's store or classes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have fun here

View Quote

Whaddadouche.

As to the original post, I am still of the opinion that WV wasn't ready for CC.....but I never figured I'd see WV as a RED state either.
As above, more possible now than ever before, and I think it will be a seriously uphill battle, but it IS possible.
And only one small 'event' to bring it all crumbling down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could help, I am a member of the WVCDL,  own land in Preston County, but still a Resident of Fucking NJ.

Godspeed
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will Tomblin sign it?
View Quote

If he doesn't, he might want to find somewhere else to live.  Logan County folks can be.... bristly when one of their own tramples their rights.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Will Tomblin sign it?
View Quote
I'd love for him to sign it, but he'll likely not sign it and SB347 will become law after the prerequisite time period.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If he doesn't, he might want to find somewhere else to live.  Logan County folks can be.... bristly when one of their own tramples their rights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will Tomblin sign it?

I don't worry about the gov.  Will the legislature pass it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Any more word on this?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#13]
From WVCDL:

The WVCDL is pleased to announce that SB347 has been introduced and has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

SB 347 is the WVCDL's "WV 3-22 Carry", generically referred to as "Permitless" or "Constitutional" carry. SB347 captures both the spirit and letter of the West Virginia Constitution's right to bear arms clause, Article III, Section 22 which reads: "A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for lawful hunting and recreational use."

One major issue our bill addresses is the protection of the concealed carry licensing process as an option for any WV resident that would like to continue to take advantage of WV's reciprocity agreements.

We would like to thank Senator Sypolt as lead sponsor along with Senators Beach, Blair, Gaunch, D. Hall, Karnes, Leonhardt, Maynard, Williams and Ferns for co-sponsoring.

We are now recommending that you contact the members of the Senate Judiciary committee, and politely ask them to support constitutional carry. If their staff asks for a bill number, tell them SB347.

We expect most, if not all of the committee members to support our rights. Some of them are actually sponsors of the bill. But then this is as much about letting them know we support them as they take this major step for us, as it is asking them to support us. We are telling them the voters of West Virginia stand behind constitutional carry.

Charles S. Trump (R - Morgan, 15)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7980

David C. Nohe (R - Wood, 03)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7970

Robert D. Beach (D - Monongalia, 13)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7919

Art Kirkendoll (D - Logan, 07)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7857

Ronald F. Miller (D - Greenbrier, 10)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7959

Corey Palumbo (D - Kanawha, 17)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7854

Mike Romano (D - Harrison, 12)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7904

Herb Snyder (D - Jefferson, 16)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7957

Bob Williams (D - Taylor, 14)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7995

Mike Woelfel (D - Cabell, 05)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7956

Mitch Carmichael (R - Jackson, 04)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7855

Daniel J. Hall (R - Wyoming, 09)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7807

Ryan Ferns (R - Ohio, 01)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7918

Ed Gaunch (R - Kanawha, 08)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7841

Robert L. Karnes (R - Upshur, 11)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7906

Kent Leonhardt (R - Monongalia, 02)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7827

Mark R. Maynard (R - Wayne, 06)

[email protected]

(304) 357-7808

If you look at the sponsors of the bill, most of them are on the senate judiciary committee.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top