Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 10:54:28 AM EDT
Anybody into this?  How far to drive from KC to get some decent hunting without being assholes to elbows?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I went on some public land down by Eureka a few years ago. It was most definitely assholes to elbows, but I'd be lying if I said it wasnt some of the most fun Ive ever had hunting. Straight up sounded like a war zone, and still limited in under an hour.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went on some public land down by Eureka a few years ago. It was most definitely assholes to elbows, but I'd be lying if I said it wasnt some of the most fun Ive ever had hunting. Straight up sounded like a war zone, and still limited in under an hour.
View Quote

appreciate it.  Gonna be with a dog and some kids so a little nervous about one or the other getting shot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

appreciate it.  Gonna be with a dog and some kids so a little nervous about one or the other getting shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you take a dog with you, make sure to have a squirt bottle with water and / or a water bowl fir the dog to use.  

Some doves have very loose fluffy feathers and if your dog gets one of those, it will have a mouth full of feathers it will need to rinse their mouth out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understandable. Hope you find a good spot for them and get them some birds!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
dont go on the opening weekend.  Go in the middle of the week.  Second weekend is usually packed also.  After that it slows down and I have found that in the middle of the week to have fields to myself.

Have fun.  I wouldnt take a kids on opening weekend or the following.  A LOT of shooters.  I have never had any problems but you have to keep a eye on EVERYTHING.

managed public dove fields

button on the right of the page has a link to all the public fields managed for dove in KS.

call the guys listed, they will give you some good info
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
appreciate it.  Want to make sure he gets some doves his first time out, but don't want him to get shot.

decisions decisions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top