Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:06:09 PM EDT
Got a lot of x39 and 223.   just wondering what's the best route?  How much more are cases of ammo going for on oahu and what is the availability of it?  Mahalo!
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
5.56 and 7.62x39 ammo is widely available on Oahu, but prices are higher here than compared to the CONUS.  Remember, everything from toilet paper to gasoline to baking flour has to be shipped in halfway across an ocean to get here by either container ship or cargo plane.  additionally HAZMAT fees make getting components for reloading that much more expensive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
bring everything you have in your container. I made the mistake of leaving my rifle ammo and now will spend years bringing 10pounds at a time in my luggage
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bring everything you have in your container. I made the mistake of leaving my rifle ammo and now will spend years bringing 10pounds at a time in my luggage
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
You have to check with your shipping company, sometimes stuff like ammo isn't allowed in the containers or needs to be inspected.

Prices are a little higher here, but there are sales where prices can get down to about mainland prices once in a while.  In cases of 1,000....9mm gets down to $220 and 5.56 goes for $350.

BTW, if you're new to HI, all firearms must be registered with the police within 72 hours.  Go to the main police station on S. Beretania with your unloaded firearms locked in a case.  Also review the laws at http://www.hawaiirifleassociation.org/hawaii-gun-laws.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to check with your shipping company, sometimes stuff like ammo isn't allowed in the containers or needs to be inspected.

Prices are a little higher here, but there are sales where prices can get down to about mainland prices once in a while.  In cases of 1,000....9mm gets down to $220 and 5.56 goes for $350.

BTW, if you're new to HI, all firearms must be registered with the police within 72 hours.  Go to the main police station on S. Beretania with your unloaded firearms locked in a case.  Also review the laws at http://www.hawaiirifleassociation.org/hawaii-gun-laws.

View Quote

Thanks!  Yes registered 3 pistols, one shotgun and 8 ar lowers.  Police said within five days but I went the very next day.  Gonna ship all the ammo with my container.  Alaska airlines allows up to 50 lbs ammo on the plane. No issues at all checking guns with them!

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Price of ammo here is good as long as you are patient and wait for a sale and purchase in 1,000 round lots.

If you don't buy ammo much, like only a couple hundred rounds at a time, then it gets expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top