Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 5:22:50 AM EDT
Hawaii laws state only pistol mags over 10 rnds..not AR!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's because of fear of getting in trouble with an anti gun state for violation of their laws.  Most vendors don't have a lawyer look all the state and local laws from all 50 states.  It's just too cumbersome and changes too often.  instead someone in the company will read the HRS online and say "let's play it safe".  Another reason for this problem is how stupidly the HRS pistol mag cap ban is written.  it's vague and open to interpretation.  The biggest is the usual AR or AK mag thing because is it a pistol mag, or a rifle mag?  It can fit both.  The bottom feeders will say it's banned under HRS because it's capable of being used in a firearm designated as a pistol.  We argue it's a rifle mag because it fits in our AR rifles and besides,Detachable mag AR pistols are already outlawed for purchase and importation since the mid 90s.  People have been arrested and charged with "high" cap pistol mag violations for having a standard AR mag. Of course this person was shooting up a bank at the time so the prosecutor just added on more charges on top of robbery.  Has anyone ever been convicted of Hawaii's pistol mag law for having and AR or AK mag? not that I know of.  

in short, many vendors don't want to Guinea pig the law since any legal victory also comes with potentially business bankrupting legal bills
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any legal penalty for the vendor who ships them in?  Let's say it's hi-cap Beretta M9 mags, since those are certainly illegal.  If a vendor mails them and they are intercepted then what?  To my knowledge the person shipping the mags in would not be breaking any law.  Anybody know more about this?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]
A few years ago, I ordered a bunch of Pmags from Primary Arms. A couple of days later I got an email from them telling me that they couldn't ship them to Hawaii due to our hi-cap mag laws. I explained that the laws only applied to pistol mags. The next day, they apologized for the confusion, and shipped my order. They even sent me an extra one. This is one of the reasons why I'm so loyal to Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Similar experience with primary arms.  
One phone call all was good.
Exact opposite with Palmetto State Armory...even after waking up early to speak with two different people( long hold times but great deal) they wouldn't ship.  
Midway WAS ok but dang it if thier shipping policy haven't gone full mento...unless it's free, can cost more than item.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Many do.  I usually get my mags from 44mag or brownells.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Same here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.

Just checked their site:
https://www.44mag.com/shipping_info#shipstates

Hawaii is a no-go.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered from Primary Arms yesterday, got my notice today that they shipped 10 G2 P Mags today.  No phone call needed, good on them.

ETA: gunmagwarehouse.com will also ship rifle mags to Hawaii.  They won't ship Colt style AR-9mm mags. You would have to get those from Brownells.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Add Ares Defense to the list of gun companies that make the work of the Democrats easier.  They wouldn't ship me the belt-fed pouches.  Didn't care the law restricts magazine capacity for pistols only.  Never seen a belt-fed pistol.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Grabagun.com now won't ship anything here.  At all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Interesting.  I've received several orders from them.  I wonder if that just changed or they just send them anyway.

I'll tell you what was a pain in the ass... finding LaRue mags to go with my OBR/tAR since they don't ship to HI.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.

Just checked their site:
https://www.44mag.com/shipping_info#shipstates

Hawaii is a no-go.

Interesting.  I've received several orders from them.  I wonder if that just changed or they just send them anyway.

I'll tell you what was a pain in the ass... finding LaRue mags to go with my OBR/tAR since they don't ship to HI.

I've gotten my mags from 44mags to but on my last order which was ten 30 round AR mags and four Scar 17 20 round mags they cancelled my AR mag order but shipped me the Scar order.  Go figure  I was able to get my AR mags from Brownells with no trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top