Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 9:07:34 AM EDT
I may have a possible job opportunity in that area and was wondering about the general area? Housing? Schools ?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Spartanburg AKA Murderburg.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Spartanburg city limits are just a short 10 or 15 minute drive from much better areas to live...   Inman, Boiling springs,  or  I live south of the city limits now near Glendale, pacolet is nice so is Pauline... so many nice areas out and away from Spartanburg, but within 20 minutes drive time...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
whoops dupe...
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys.  

Not sure where this conversation will go , but would plan a trip to the area to see first hand also. Current commute is about 20 min , so honestly anything within 30 min to 40min is doable and keeps me out of murderville.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Guys.  

Not sure where this conversation will go , but would plan a trip to the area to see first hand also. Current commute is about 20 min , so honestly anything within 30 min to 40min is doable and keeps me out of murderville.
View Quote
Just find a job in Greenville and you'll be good to go.  Avoid Anderson, Easley, and Spartanburg.  They are trashy and have high crime rates.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just find a job in Greenville and you'll be good to go.  Avoid Anderson, Easley, and Spartanburg.  They are trashy and have high crime rates.
View Quote
The crime rates are higher in Greenville county than Spartanburg County.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The crime rates are higher in Greenville county than Spartanburg County.
View Quote
Greenville also has a ton more people living there.  Spartanburg sucks and has no character.  Everyone knows it. #troof
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Greenville also has a ton more people living there.  Spartanburg sucks and has no character.  Everyone knows it. #troof
View Quote
Roughly 500k versus 300k between the two counties.  But I didn't say crime, I said crime rates.  It's higher, even adjusted for population, in almost every category.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Crime rates are up all over... although I am finally out of the city of Spartanburg city limits.. I frequently shop there... no issues. not as bad as some make it out to be... and although i am a daily carry guy... other than when I lived in hillcrest I have not been near any really bad stuff... me and the wife are looking at houses in simpsonville  fountain inn area.. that way she can work in greenville without the headache of driving the 85 every morning.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Seldom anything good happens between midnight and 6:00 A.M. regardless of the city.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Spartanburg city limits are just a short 10 or 15 minute drive from much better areas to live...   Inman, Boiling springs,  or  I live south of the city limits now near Glendale, pacolet is nice so is Pauline... so many nice areas out and away from Spartanburg, but within 20 minutes drive time...
View Quote
Left Glendale to move to Pauline.  Further out, but love the country.  If you're into city living Spartanburg may not be a good fit (it prolly is boring).  

Born here and Been here for all of my 43 and have no plans to leave.

ETA: Business Owner in City Limits since 2001.  The city is NOT Small Business Friendly, and the property taxes suck (they will increase with the new school complex-as will traffic).

I'd prefer not to live less than 15-20 min from the city limits...there are some less than stellar spots around, but some of the above mentioned as well Campobello/Landrum are nice if you go North.  Reidville/Moore/Poplar Springs (West) is in the midst of HUGE manufacturing growth so expect property values and traffic to increase there.  Boiling Springs is no fun with Traffic.  Down South it's Country...

I can't see my neighbors and I love it
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't live in Spartanburg city.  Drive through and you'll see why.  

Outside of the city is ok though.  I've lived in Spartanburg County near Greer.  There are still areas of county.  The smaller towns seem to be fine.  

Mostly gun friendly.  Weather is hot and sticky in the summer, but mild winters.  Really not too bad over all weather wise.  If you know of any specific areas that you are looking to live near, let us know and we can provide specifics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top