Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 2:31:26 PM EDT
looking at getting a Gemtech, whether I get it from them or get it shipped to them id like to do an all in one....ie if they know a good lawyer to do a trust, so i can put my son on for the can.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They are good to go. I got an AAC from them. I thought they changed the name?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
They sold the business. I don't know who the new owner is. They quit selling cans to the public some time ago (i don't know about transfers). They referred me to james firearms in Greer which burned down and has not re-opened. I don't know if the new owner is selling cans or not. I used Robert Merting (spelling) for my trust, excellent guy would recommend for a trust. Always like their store.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
well damn, guess the google needs an update...gemtech still list them as a dealer

ive heard of robert before, ill look into him....im really looking for a do it all approach, or at least guys who deal with each other, I don't want to get the trust and then go hunting for a reputable transfer or dealer i guess
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Find the one you want in the store, unless your ok waiting..... your gonna have to wait anyways for the stamp. I would look at palmetto state armory, upstate armory group, or sharp shooters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Allen Arms was sold and they new business name is City Arsenal. Great people. They do carry NFA items from most of the top manufactures in the silencer and SBR markets. They do have a transfer fee, not sure what it is? But give them a call and ask for Johannes. He handles all things NFA there. They can do your photos and fingerprints all on site. Robert Merting is a great trust attorney here in the upstate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, they are a part of the Gemtech Guardian program. (Blue Label For Silencers) that Gemtech offers. If you qualify that would be the way to go.
Who Qualifies?

Sworn Law Enforcement (Active, Retired) - Includes: local, state and Federal Law Enforcement, correction, probation and parole officers
Military (Active, Retired) - Includes disabled veterans with medically retired ID, DD214 with honorable discharge, reserves and national guards
Court Judges along with District Attorneys and their deputies
Firefighters, EMT's and Paramedics
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Very good replies @R2D2SC.  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the update. I see on Facebook they are keeping the staff. Very knowledgable and helpful staff. Good to hear.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The new owner is Bill Robinson, formerly the VP of Daniel Defense, he is good to go. He is in the process of doing some serious remodeling over the weekend and they will be closed this Sunday-Tuesday. He has retained the majority of the previous Allen Arms staff, who are all great people. He will more than likely be carrying some lines of firearms and accessories that were not in the store before. They have an NFA purchasing process that is straight forward and very buyer friendly. They will also be carrying SBR's, SBS's, as well as the silencers they have in stock now. He has some big plans for the future and I wish him all the best.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
They should move locations.  That building is a dump and that part of town is pretty ghetto.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
got in contact with them this week, guy should be calling me back next week to get a process going
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should move locations.  That building is a dump and that part of town is pretty ghetto.
View Quote
Low leasing costs are the only thing keeping most one-off gun shops alive.  I agreed it is a sketchy part of town, but there are three problems with better areas.  One, they have to raise prices to pay the rent, and many people in higher end areas don't want gun shops.  If you can get one in a nicer area, they then start catering to the walnut&blue over-under crowd.  Chucks in Atlanta is a good representation of this.

All the good gun shops are either in crappy areas, or way out of the city.  The other option is big box stores like Cabela's.  Even PSA is not cheap, but I do wonder how much of their online business helps float their brick and mortar stores to keep prices lower than Cabela's.

Still, it is 5 miles from my house, so.. I will put up with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top