Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:15:55 PM EDT
I am in town for a family matter.  Not the fun kind.  We stretched a couple extra days to try and have some fun Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.  Any recommendations?  We will stay on Main Street in Greenville.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Vic's Pizza 12 E. Coffee Street downtown.

BIG thumbs up NY style pizza owner's from Brooklyn.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of nice shops and cafes right there along Main St. Definitely visit MAST General store on Main St. If you want to try pork Barbeque instead of the beef kind you are probably used to go to Henry's Smoke House not to far away near where Stone Ave and Wade Hampton Blvd meet. A really good gun store is Palmetto State Armory on Woodruff Road, near I-85. If you want some really good upscale dining, visit Rick Erwins restaurant on the south end of Main St. There is actually a Confederate Museum in Greenville not far from where you are staying. There is also a baseball stadium very near the south end of Main St where the Greenville Drive baseball team plays if the happen to be playing while you are there, and Clemson University is only about a 35 or 40 minute drive away. They have an excellent college baseball team and nice stadium. If you want real authentic Greek Food, you have got to try the Pita House on South Pleasantburg Drive near where Farris Rd intersects. Another good locals place is The Blockhouse on Augusta Rd.
HTH
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tips.  What is this craziness I have heard about lamb BBQ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the tips.  What is this craziness I have heard about lamb BBQ?
View Quote

Have not heard anything about lamb barbeque, unless the Greeks are doing it. The Greek Diet utilizes a lot of lamb.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
How about breakfast around main?  Also thanks for the list.  That helped a lot.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about breakfast around main?  Also thanks for the list.  That helped a lot.
View Quote

Can't really help with that one, although their is a Waffle House not far away. Maybe someone more local can make a rec.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I ate in that Waffle House a few weeks back, the one near the park with the waterfalls. It was good. Henry's BBQ in Simpsonville was also good, and I thank the Arfcommer that turned me on to it.
 I found Greenville to be a nice place, not what I have come to expect for a city.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#8]
For breakfast we like Tupelo Honey (it's a smaller chain in a few states) and Roost which is unique to Greenville
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Tommy's Country Ham House is a popular local breakfast spot.  Politicians always seem to stop there.  Maybe a mile from downtown Main St.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys heading back home.  Hit Sobys, Nose Dive, Henry's and a couple others.  Nice trip.  Except I had to perform cpr on an older gentleman on Main Street for about 20 minutes waiting on an ambulance.  I think he had a stroke and collapsed hitting his head on a pole.  Hope he recovers.

Not reall,cpr, just checked the ABCs and stopped the bleeding on his head.  Had to clear his mouth a couple times.  Fun night!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for helping the guy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top