Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 6:33:15 PM EDT
Hey guys, so I'm making a new post, which was recommended by one of you guys in my other thread "NFA friendly?".

My family and I have been doing a lot of research into moving to SC.  My family includes my wife, our 18 month old son, my mother, father, and grandmother.  We are all thinking about making the move from our homes in the northeast.

My wife and I are 31. My parents are in their early 50's.  We have a family run small HVAC business here, so that would be shut down to make the move.  And we are thinking about either starting over with a residential HVAC business in SC, or just going our seperate ways(work related) in the mechanical/maintenance field.  I really don't think I can handle doing residential HVAC work through the summer in SC.  I figured building maintanence might suit me better.  

We were doing well here, we just hate the winters and hate the liberal state we're in....

It seems like we can get into the mount pleasant area, but obviously based on the work I might have to take up down there, we would be living thin, but at least in a nice area.

Schools are very important to us.  We would be leaving a town that has some of the most highly regarded schools out of the whole country.  It's also a very safe town, so we want that as well.
We can do ~$375 on a house, so we do know that's won't go far in MT pleasant, but it seems like it can get us in there.

How long is the trip from my pleasant to palmetto gun club.....I would plan on joining this club if we made the move.

Any advice, thoughts, help would be awesome guys.  I've been behind enemy lines for so long, it would be great to be in a free, gun welcoming state!

We are all taking a road trip down in a few weeks, we're planning to stay in mt pleasant or close by.  

If you made it to the end of my novel, thanks! Lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I made a similar move a few years ago. I wouldn't put too much faith in the "highly regarded school" thing.. there is no set standard to compare schools across state lines. We were paying $23k a student in the NE to educate our kids in so-called highly regarded schools-- the education they are getting here is better, IMHO. This is evidenced by both my kids excelling in their respective advanced curriculums.

More importantly, each school has a PO and in the Charleston area there is a task force of ex-SWAT that bounces between the schools to deter and wannabe shooters. Up north we had 50+ old ladies in yellow jackets that screamed "shoot me first." It's terrible we have to think about things like this, but down here we're grounded in reality.

Mt.P is a  nice area as far as amenities. Johnnie Dodds has a lot of retail stores. "Old Mt. P" is very nice, but at $350k you will probably get about 1200sf. Their school system is good, but it is large, which may or may not be something you are looking for (1200 students in the HS, IIRC).

Traffic in Mt.P is a BITCH. Don't expect to get anywhere fast in rush hour. Throw in a problem with the Ravenel Bridge and you won't be home for hours.

We moved to James Island which IMHO has the greatest potential for home value increases. Located right between Folly Beach and downtown Charleston, it's perfect for us. Beach every weekend and a quick commute to the city, even in rush hour. Schools here are very good (just built 2 new elementary schools; new combine middle school construction starts next year; has a newer charter high school). The schools are relatively small compared to Mt. P.

There are also magnet schools if your kid(s) excel in any areas, although it makes for a long day for the kids if you live anywhere besides N. Charleston.

As far as HVAC, yeah it's a killer in the summer. Guys replaced my unit in July a few years ago.. spent all day in the attic. Right before leaving one of them lost it and was puking clear fluids all over my front yard. He did not look good. Customer service is the name of the game here with so many HVAC companies. You really have to bring your A game as far as answering the phone and being someplace when you tell somebody you will be there. I found it was much more relaxed up north. On the upside, there is plenty of work, so if you make yourself a reputation you can have a nice living.

The Residential Homebuilder's Commission licenses the HVAC companies. I had to go a meeting before them and make a presentation to get my license and I have to say they are excellent. They really try to work with you, not against you.

They are cracking down on unlicensed HVAC work.. They just passed a law that your license number must be displayed on your vehicle. Even though they license dozens of trades, I think HVAC is the only one with this requirement.

Feel free to IM me if you have any questions. I don't get notifications when there are replies to threads I posted in, so don't hesitate.

People here are awesome. Nicest folk I've ever had the pleasure of befriending. You seem like a freedom loving patriot, so come on down, adopt the culture and accept the fact you will always be a Yankee. I tell my guys I'm a Yankee and they can call me that. But if they call me a damn Yankee we are going to settle that shit outside. They respect that :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
We love Mt P, but the number of ppl moving here is ruining a lot of the good about the area.

You learn to manage around the traffic times. I've lived in 4 states and multiple cities, but, per capita, more ppl in Mt P feel compelled to drive their kids to school than any other town / city I've ever lived in. It's absurd, and is one of the leading root causes for crazy congestion.

For example, my 17 mile commute can take 27 minutes or 52 minutes, depending on when I leave my house. Excluding road incidents like stalled cars, accidents, etc...which are more frequent the more folks move into the area.

Be prepared to spend more on a home and general cost of living than anywhere else in SC. Charleston in general is not cheap, and many employers take advantage of the fact that ppl want to live here, offering lower than average wages. Industry dependent, of course. But even my company, a top chemicals manufacturer with its global hq here has historically taken advantage of that.

Love it here, despite these items. Just be prepared. Mt P might not be your ultimate best choice, depending on what you decide to do for employment and your overall financial situation.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I love MTP. As others have said, the real estate market is very expensive and in many parts of town $375k will get you a townhouse and not a single family detached. That being said, there are exceptions. You can't go wrong with the schools. Some of the best in the state IMO. Few free to PM me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
One other thing. Have your job situation worked out before you move. There are hordes of ppl moving here with no job. I just can't get my head around it. Because they want to live here.

Last week, I had a young alum from my undergraduate university reach out to me. Found me through our network. Moved here. No job. Just wanted to live here. Been here 5 months but can't get a job in his field. And a science field, too. Not a social justice warrior type of young man.

It's unreal how many ppl I see posting on LinkedIn and our alumni networks (undergrad and grad) that just moved here because they wanted to. No jobs. Can't find work. About to get kicked out because they have no money.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks so much for the helpful info guys!
It means a lot, and is helping a lot.

We're in CT, so we FULLY understand a high cost of living.  I have to imagine it's the same or a little better in the mt pleasant area than we've dealt with here our whole lives.  But we are open to different areas around charleston as well.  
If it's worse.....maybe we're looking at the wrong place.

We were originally looking at summerville/ridgeville but that doesn't seem as nice of an area for what we're looking for.  Any other areas that are nice around this county.  Is ridgeville nice?

As far as work, that is absolutely the limiting factor right now.  My father is the owner of a small HVAC business here, I'm one of three employees all of which are family.  We'd be closing this business and all coming down.

We don't know if we'd start a new business or what.  If we were to start a new business, we'd get at it quickly.  I know there's a contractor license we'd be required to get.  But like i said I don't know if I'd be up to working in attics through the summer down there.  I work in attics up here pushing 130 in the summer and I barely can handle that.
Maybe a strictly service business down there might be an option, but the traffic makes driving to customers homes sound like a nightmare.

Other than that I have no idea what else I would be looking at.  The job market doesn't look amazing down there....
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Check Belle Hall, Ivy Hall, Laurel Grove for your price range.

As stated before the high school is huge ~4000 students.
The grade and middle schools are more of a normal size. Great schools.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I am thinking we need a Mt. Pleasant subforum!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks so much for the helpful info guys!
It means a lot, and is helping a lot.

We're in CT, so we FULLY understand a high cost of living.  I have to imagine it's the same or a little better in the mt pleasant area than we've dealt with here our whole lives.  But we are open to different areas around charleston as well.  
If it's worse.....maybe we're looking at the wrong place.

We were originally looking at summerville/ridgeville but that doesn't seem as nice of an area for what we're looking for.  Any other areas that are nice around this county.  Is ridgeville nice?

As far as work, that is absolutely the limiting factor right now.  My father is the owner of a small HVAC business here, I'm one of three employees all of which are family.  We'd be closing this business and all coming down.

We don't know if we'd start a new business or what.  If we were to start a new business, we'd get at it quickly.  I know there's a contractor license we'd be required to get.  But like i said I don't know if I'd be up to working in attics through the summer down there.  I work in attics up here pushing 130 in the summer and I barely can handle that.
Maybe a strictly service business down there might be an option, but the traffic makes driving to customers homes sound like a nightmare.

Other than that I have no idea what else I would be looking at.  The job market doesn't look amazing down there....
View Quote

When you visit, realize there is a big difference from Mt P to Summerville.  you may like one or the other more, but they are different.  I would be a bit hesitant to move to Mt P without a good paying, steady job though--that's just me.  Summerville is pretty good schools and much cheaper housing, that is for sure, too. West Ashley and Summerville are way closer to the gun club for you as well.  But maybe you really really like access to the beach or downtown more--then you go the other way.  Just keep that in mind before you decide on almost the most expensive neighborhood in the area (excluding daniel island and downtown of course) when you are there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#10]
^thanks for the good advice.

Well we're officially coming down next week.
And I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to try to start a HVAC residential service business.  I'll give it about 6 months to either take off or fail....and if it's the latter, just get a job for another company.  

Really schools are number one, then range, then beach.  

Are there any ranges that do FA subgun matches?  This is pretty much my favorite aspect of shooting.  So it's kinda painful to leave such an un friendly gun state where I do these monthly 5 mins away, for such a free state that I can't find this anywhere so far.

Are there newly developed HOA areas in Summerville?  We're looking for neighborhoods where the homeowners take pride in their home and yard appearance.  That's what mount pleasant looks like, but if we could find that elsewhere(Summerville for instance) in the good school area, we'd be very happy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
^thanks for the good advice.

Well we're officially coming down next week.
And I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to try to start a HVAC residential service business.  I'll give it about 6 months to either take off or fail....and if it's the latter, just get a job for another company.  

Really schools are number one, then range, then beach.  

Are there any ranges that do FA subgun matches?  This is pretty much my favorite aspect of shooting.  So it's kinda painful to leave such an un friendly gun state where I do these monthly 5 mins away, for such a free state that I can't find this anywhere so far.

Are there newly developed HOA areas in Summerville?  We're looking for neighborhoods where the homeowners take pride in their home and yard appearance.  That's what mount pleasant looks like, but if we could find that elsewhere(Summerville for instance) in the good school area, we'd be very happy.
View Quote

'm a little confused, have you been there before?  Why did you single out Mt. Pleasant specifically?

Yes, there are plenty of newly developed HOAs in Summerville, too.

Be aware of a couple things there:

Taxes are worse than you think (may still be better than CT)
6-7% income tax
low property for sure
High sales tax (esp in Charleston city, not sure on mt P)
High car tax yearly

No basements. Very few 3 car garages, so if you got a ton of junk, start getting rid of it.

Houses are made like crap sometimes (sticks and siding on a slab)

Just some things to notice on your trip.

Great place to live though--disclaimer, if I was moving back I would move to Mt. P. most likely--mostly due to the age of my kids and proximity to work, city and beach...but I know how much it would cost too
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#12]
^Thank you again for you help!

Never been there, but when I'm interested in something I do A LOT of research lol.

I've watched YouTube videos of all of the areas I'm looking at, checked out lots of pictures of the area, and houses for sale.  It seems that mt pleasant is the "look" we like.

I've also found some very nice houses "in the woods" in Summerville that we like as well.  But we'll be scouring the area in less than a week!

I thought the heat was going to be the major issue for me, but now the major issue I have is what I hear about the crime down there.

Where we live now, I can keep my car and house unlocked and not be nervous at all about anything bad happening.  

Expenses are brutal here in CT, but that is not why we want to leave really.
I have a 2016 wrangler-$900 in taxes a year
Wife has 2016 rogue-$800 a year
House taxes-$6900 a year
Oil-$1200 a year
These are just some of the big ones.....

Wildlife has been brought to attention as well....
I have a few pythons, and have had tarantulas, I've also caught and held a few copperheads here in CT.  Bobcats, bears, and coyotes are common.  We actually lost a cat a few years ago to a coyote.  
I like animals....haha

Like I said, crime is the major concern at this point, but I don't know how bad it really is...
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never been there, but when I'm interested in something I do A LOT of research lol.

I've watched YouTube videos of all of the areas I'm looking at, checked out lots of pictures of the area, and houses for sale.  It seems that mt pleasant is the "look" we like.

I've also found some very nice houses "in the woods" in Summerville that we like as well.  But we'll be scouring the area in less than a week!

I thought the heat was going to be the major issue for me, but now the major issue I have is what I hear about the crime down there.

Where we live now, I can keep my car and house unlocked and not be nervous at all about anything bad happening.  

House taxes-$6900 a year
Oil-$1200 a year

I have a few pythons, and have had tarantulas, I've also caught and held a few copperheads here in CT.  Bobcats, bears, and coyotes are common.  We actually lost a cat a few years ago to a coyote.  
I like animals....haha

Like I said, crime is the major concern at this point, but I don't know how bad it really is...
View Quote

I didn't think the crime was a thing at all, but if heat is at any point an issue--why are you considering this..its pure Hell (notice the capital) in July-August. Minimum 95 degrees and 95% humidity plus a rain shower every afternoon to make you REALLY feel it.

You might think "oh, it hits 95 and high humidity in CT a few time a year and I am fine"-NO.  Not the same.  I came from the Midwest, with plenty of humidity and 100+ days under my belt.  Its still a deeper heat than that somehow (I think its the sun's rays).  There are no breaks either.  But most of the rest of the year is nice :)

ETA:  I enjoy heat, so it was not an issue for me, but I could see it for folks that I know that "wilt" in the heat.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

House taxes-$6900 a year
Oil-$1200 a year

I like animals....haha

View Quote

So, you'll be here in March.

When the weather is temperate.

Tourist season hasn't even started.

Yeah, you're not really going to get a sense of what it can be like here for 4+ months of the year.

You don't know what your job situation is going to be like, but you've decided to lean towards the most expensive area outside of Downtown and Daniel Island.  You've considered running or working for an HVAC company, which is always in demand, but have expressed concerns over hot attic spaces.

Have you spoken with anyone here who does this line of work? Get their insight?

Glad you've done your research, but YouTube videos don't effectively communicate traffic, weather and cost of living.

And Summerville is not just "in the woods" anymore. It's exploded with development, as well. I have several friends in that area and it's becoming very nice. As long as they don't have to drive towards charleston every day (worse traffic than Mt P).

I'm sure this post is coming across as negative. I'm a bit dubious that your research / expectations are going to line up with reality.  There've been a truckload of folks take a similar path because they read how great charleston is in Conde Nast but got a slap in the face when they had no job and started getting bills.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Your car taxes should be about half that here.  My house is all electric and the bill runs about $3,000 per year.  Property taxes on a $300K home should be approximately $1,200 per year.  Please don't share this information with liberal New Englanders. We don't need more of them here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your car taxes should be about half that here.  My house is all electric and the bill runs about $3,000 per year.  Property taxes on a $300K home should be approximately $1,200 per year.  Please don't share this information with liberal New Englanders. We don't need more of them here.
View Quote

Don't worry, I don't associate with any

Yea our electric bill for the year is right around 3k as well.  

Catsnipah-yes it does come across as negative, and believe me, I understand how risky this is.  
But your negativity is appreciated.  It certainly puts it into perspective.  Of course there are pros and of course there are cons, I understand that.  If the area is safe, my kids can get a good eductation, we are proud of our neighborhood, and my 2A rights are not infringed, everything else should fall in line.  

I am in one of the toughest states to have a small business and it's decently successful.  We get by nicely, we are not loaded, but don't struggle in one of the nicest towns in the state.

We would be saying goodbye to a lot by making the move and starting over from scratch, but we did it in a pretty bad state(politically and economically) so maybe it might work in a booming state that has a use for guys like us.

I lived(going to school)in FL(winter park) for 2 years, 10 years ago.  I was skateboarding in July wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt.   So I can take the heat, I just don't know about going into attics when the heat index is 110....but if I was running the business I wouldn't HAVE to do that....if I was employed by someone else, it might be expected....I have no idea about that though....seems unsafe, and yes when I'm down there I plan to seek out some HVAC guys and see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess a good question is, why Charleston?  There are multiple regions/cities in the south and the all need HVAC...and most of them are cheaper to live in by far.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess a good question is, why Charleston?  There are multiple regions/cities in the south and the all need HVAC...and most of them are cheaper to live in by far.
View Quote

Proximity to the beach, but not on the beach.  Waterways-kayaking.  Palm trees, little to no snow.  A few hours drive to snow/mountains.
Southern charm.  Like minded people.  Booming economy.  East/Atlantic coast.  Not Florida.

All of these=South Carolina.  If there is somewhere that we missed that fits these, please let me know

I know it's only internet research, but that's all I have until next week when we get down there.
Next week is to scout the areas and narrow down what we like.  If we like it enough to live there, we will plan another trip in June/July to check out the weather.  We won't be laying on the beach we will be doing day to day activities and I'll be out as much as possible finding out what it will be like to work in that environment.
At that time we may also be going out with a realtor.  Then if that week passes the test, we'll put our house for sale and be moving down early fall.  
That is the plan anyway.  

We will all be leaving everything we know, but my wife, my son, my parents and my grandmother will all be together(seperate houses though) so our immediate family will be together so we won't miss family.  
We are in a dying liberal shit hole, which required me to register my guns(which would be fantastic to get out of here).  The education system, while considered great, is extremely progressive liberal, so it would be nice to not have my son(and future second child) grow up here.  
This is our chance to leave, it's now or never.  Once my son starts school, I will never think about leaving this state again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#19]
We should do a MTP happy hour.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Couple more questions.....

How was the Cleo in mount pleasant before 41p as far as signing off on NFA forms?

What are the carry laws in SC for out of staters?  
Just wondering if I can carry while down there visiting?

Also, this is something I noticed from the beginning.......why are there so few pools in the area?  Seems like a great place for pools, and looks very similar to Florida which almost every house seems to have a pool, so is there something different about South Carolina that makes them less common.  
This is not a big deal, just something I noticed and wondered about.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#21]
SC reciprocates CCW with some states but not automatically.  Here is a link to help figure out your particular state.  If you don't have a permit from your home state, you cannot carry legally in SC.  Weapons are allowed in the car as long as they are in console, glovebox or trunk.  No permit needed for that for residents or visitors.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

There are many houses with pools here, but not as much as Florida.  Many of the nicer neighborhoods have pools that are part of the HOA.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Use a trust for NFA. I am a lawyer and will help you out if/when you move here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We should do a MTP happy hour.
View Quote

When TP opens back up a big shoot as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for the info MarkB, that helps!

Quoted:
Use a trust for NFA. I am a lawyer and will help you out if/when you move here.
View Quote

Thank you,  I already have a trust for NFA items, I have MG's, suppressors, sbr's.  I just wanted to know what the CLEO's opinion prior to 41p on NFA in Mt Pleasant was.  

My CLEO currently(in CT) had no problem signing off on forms for me immediately.  I did the trust when the wait times were shorter for trust submissions.

ETA: Just realized I might need an updated trust when/if I move out of state.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't speak to the Mt.P chief signing off but Al Cannon the Charleston county sheriff does.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey you can hit me up with any questions. I am in Goose Creek and just moved here a year ago for work. Mt P has a certain appeal but its expensive housing wise. I think you may be better off renting an apartment for 6 to 8 months then exploring as much as you can before buying as the market here is going up and its moving fast so you want to make sure you are in the spot you really want to be.

Make sure to research the property that you like to see if its in a flood zone as you will have to to have flood insurance and that's an additional cost to keep in mind.

And welcome. FYI though.. I am not a native but I share the opinions of the natives that we don't give a flying Fword how it was where you came from, this is SC baby! And they do it their way. But I am sure from your posts in here so far that you will fit in just fine. hahah
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the info!
Yea we did think about that route-renting for a while before deciding on a place....but it seems like that would be a nightmare with the multiple moves and putting all of our stuff in storage.  We have two houses of furniture(including basements) to move, doing that twice while trying to get a business off its feet might not be easy.
Thanks for the welcome, it's looking very good for the chances to move down!  

I can't remember if I said it above in the thread, but we want to come down south because we don't like the way they do it up here in the northeast!! Haha

We are hard working conservative republicans, and we want to be surrounded by like minded people!

Quoted:
Hey you can hit me up with any questions. I am in Goose Creek and just moved here a year ago for work. Mt P has a certain appeal but its expensive housing wise. I think you may be better off renting an apartment for 6 to 8 months then exploring as much as you can before buying as the market here is going up and its moving fast so you want to make sure you are in the spot you really want to be.

Make sure to research the property that you like to see if its in a flood zone as you will have to to have flood insurance and that's an additional cost to keep in mind.

And welcome. FYI though.. I am not a native but I share the opinions of the natives that we don't give a flying Fword how it was where you came from, this is SC baby! And they do it their way. But I am sure from your posts in here so far that you will fit in just fine. hahah
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#28]
On our way down
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info!
Yea we did think about that route-renting for a while before deciding on a place....but it seems like that would be a nightmare with the multiple moves and putting all of our stuff in storage.  We have two houses of furniture(including basements) to move, doing that twice while trying to get a business off its feet might not be easy.
Thanks for the welcome, it's looking very good for the chances to move down!  

I can't remember if I said it above in the thread, but we want to come down south because we don't like the way they do it up here in the northeast!! Haha

We are hard working conservative republicans, and we want to be surrounded by like minded people!
View Quote

You should probably understand that the Charleston area is the single liberal holdout in South Carolina. Plenty of us conservative folk here, but it can be a real liberal tardfest. It's all of the New Englanders and other northeastern transplants.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You should probably understand that the Charleston area is the single liberal holdout in South Carolina. Plenty of us conservative folk here, but it can be a real liberal tardfest. It's all of the New Englanders and other northeastern transplants.
View Quote

Mt Pleasant and Daniel Island are the center of the liberals.  

A few years ago Palmetto State Armory failed in their attempt to get a gun range at the Mt Pleasant location.  Public outrage about guns being transported in the parking lot, blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Mt Pleasant and Daniel Island are the center of the liberals.  

A few years ago Palmetto State Armory failed in their attempt to get a gun range at the Mt Pleasant location.  Public outrage about guns being transported in the parking lot, blah blah blah.
View Quote

That was the women that owned the dance studio and old Yankees from Charleston National.  She cried and the local news showed the video. Several of us showed up for the second hearing but they had already made the decision not to approve.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That was the women that owned the dance studio and old Yankees from Charleston National.  She cried and the local news showed the video. Several of us showed up for the second hearing but they had already made the decision not to approve.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#33]
MtP the center of liberals? Not the ones near me :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
MtP the center of liberals? Not the ones near me :)
View Quote
Yup several coworkers live on that side of the river along with my sister and a well known firearms industry writer / blogger. Some true conservative folks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#35]
A few of my neighbors see me loading up my truck for range day and stop by to chat.

But one neighbor pulls her kids and runs inside. I make it a point to wave and say hi. Funny how her husband asked if I could "keep an eye on their place" when they evacuated during Hurricane Matthew.

Then there's the big mouth tard from Long Island and his dopey family next door. I can't even. Lol. Subject for another day. Nice folks, but bless their hearts.

But in general, plenty of libtard soccer mom's here in Mt P.

Downtown is the real bastion of money and libtardedness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top