Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 9:28:10 PM EDT
On a tip from a fellow reloader I went to a yard sale which featured a table full of reloading supplies (mainly die sets). When I didn't see what I wanted the homeowner (after a bit of conversation) took me to his garage where he runs a side business reselling reloading supplies and components. Most of this stuff comes from his connections with estate sale and auction houses across the country.

Most of the stuff was not new. Several very old RCBS presses. Piles of dies. Barrels of brass and pulled bullets. Many different containers of powder including some very old Hercules square tins and lots of Norma "flask" tins.

I ended up purchase 500 125gr 9mm powder coated bullets from a company (assume out of business) called "Majestic". Coating was Hi-Tek. They look just like Bayou Bullets product.

The guy's business is called Redeye Reloading. He supposedly does his sales via Facebook but I see no information (I am not a FB user). He may be on some FB group for reloaders.

He must do a hell of a business. The person who tipped me off said while he was there the USPS driver pulled up with a hand truck to pick up outgoing orders. He doesn't appear to do a lot of FTF local sales.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't FB either.
Does he have any other contact methods to see what he has in stock or availability?

Did he seem to have any "real" deals that reloaders can't pass up?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in his pulled .223 bullets. They're mostly 55gr FMJ with a smattering of 62gr mixed in. He was asking $60/1k which seems to be a good price. Certainly better than RMRs price for same thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
While I don't feel all comfy with "used" powder containers, the other supplies should be ok.

Just FYI, I just bought bulk new Hornady 55 gr for about 7 cent/per pill. If the pulls are ugly, it may not be that great of a deal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The pulls didn't look bad at all.

One item that caught my eye was a Rock Chucker (the one with the bicycle grip handle). The ram had a lot of surface rust but with a day of elbow grease could readily be  put back into service (included the round plastic primer tray and original priming arms). His price including cleaning it up was $80.  I passed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent the FB page a friend request. I'll see what's up with it and post back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Post the info when you get it. My new Dillon press is getting hungry again. Loaded 2k rifle rounds last week and have a can of 1500 9mm cases waiting to be done this week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
The Redeye Reloading group looks like it has about 6,500 members. It's full of ads for components. It might be a good resource.

Funny story, it looks like the Redeye guy told the same story OP told about going to the house! Lol
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]
So RR is a FB forum and not a stand-alone website. Got it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Been lurking on the FB page for them for a week or so. There are some deals but I have not  contacted him yet about FTF here in town. I am in need of some lake city brass so I may send him a message and see what he has.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Request sent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]
his .223 brass is mixed head stamps fairly cheap @ $44/k,he has cheap pistol brass too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I've bought some brass off him through facebook. Good deal and ships fast. Facebook has sone goid deals with regards to reloading components. I've bought 9mm at 1,000 for 25 shipped, another thousand for 20 bucks, and so on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top