Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:28:33 PM EDT
I'm looking for someone that does good work in a timely manner. Who do you like?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get with Bob Gotts at Upstate Armory.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get with Bob Gotts at Upstate Armory.
View Quote

Thank you sir, I'll check him out.

Anyone else you guys like?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone used Grady's Great Outdoors or Wheaton Arms?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not in the upstate, but I'll bet you will get more useful responses if you tell us what kind of gun smith work you want to have done. Different people are good at different things.

Edited to add: I edited to break the word "Gunsmit*" into to parts to kill the red hot link on that word (link to optics planet, as bad a Brownells hotlinks). I just think those hot links subvert my message.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone used Grady's Great Outdoors or Wheaton Arms?
View Quote

Grady's doesn't do gunsmith work.

i also recommend Bob Gotts with UAG also.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am not in the upstate, but I'll bet you will get more useful responses if you tell us what kind of gun smith work you want to have done. Different people are good at different things.

Edited to add: I edited to break the word "Gunsmit*" into to parts to kill the red hot link on that word (link to optics planet, as bad a Brownells hotlinks). I just think those hot links subvert my message.
View Quote

I'm looking for an AR gun smith. I have no tools or vice so I'm very limited as to what I can do right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Grady's doesn't do gunsmith work.

i also recommend Bob Gotts with UAG also.
View Quote

Cool. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Upstate Armory Group
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Upstate Armory Group
View Quote

Thank you sir!

I'll be giving Bob a call after Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If you happen to be down around Florence/Darlington, you can come by my shop.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you happen to be down around Florence/Darlington, you can come by my shop.
View Quote

You're just a little too far away. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Who else would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I don't know any others in the upstate. But, if I were you, I would go to the SCACA gun show at the Greenville TD Center this weekend and ask around there, for recommendations. I am curious what the issue is with Bob. He will more than likely be at the UAG booth.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#14]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, I don't know any others in the upstate. But, if I were you, I would go to the SCACA gun show at the Greenville TD Center this weekend and ask around there, for recommendations. I am curious what the issue is with Bob. He will more than likely be at the UAG booth.
View Quote

Thanks for the help. I'll be going to the show for sure.

No issue with Bob, he must be busy. I called and PM'd him and he said he'd get back to me but never did.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who else would you guys recommend?
View Quote

Wheaton, they do great work.
And yes, Bob tends to stay busy, he's basically a one-man operation in a shop behind his house.

What are you trying to have done?  Assembling an AR or actually doing some gunsmithing?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are you trying to have done?  Assembling an AR or actually doing some gunsmithing?
View Quote

I may need to swap barrels, possibly cut down the hand guard as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.gunsmith-of-anderson.com/

I haven't used him personally but a friend recommends him and I plan to have him pin a brake for me soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think they attend the SCACA shows, Bob and the crew are probably in Ladson (Charleston) this weekend at the Mike Kent show.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://www.gunsmith-of-anderson.com/

I haven't used him personally but a friend recommends him and I plan to have him pin a brake for me soon.
View Quote

Dave is a great guy. He's done work for me in the past, but he doesn't like working on AR's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I may need to swap barrels, possibly cut down the hand guard as well.
View Quote

I'm sure Wheaton could handle that
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm sure Wheaton could handle that
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Update: I dropped the gun off at Bob's and he replaced and cerokoted the handguard. He did the upper and lower in Tungsten Grey as well. It looks amazing!!

Started as this.

Now.

Bob does EXCELLENT work. He pays a lot of attention to detail. He did this and some other stuff all in less than 3 weeks and the prices were excellent too!! He'll be getting all my work in the future.

Big thanks to Bob and everyone who recommended him!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Bob at UAG has done several rifles for me and just did a couple suppressors and all look like they came from the factory already coated. i highly recommend him for any type of gunsmith work or Cerakote jobs!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I've used both Bob at UAG, and Robbie Wheaton at Wheaton Arms.  Both did excellent work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I had Bob make a 7.5" side charging 9 MM upper for me, it's excellent! Cerakote matched perfectly.

3.5" SBR

7.5" Side Charging SBR

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Great looking gun
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I patronize Mike Dupuis at Upstate Gunsmithing in Greenville.  His shop is right past the Cherrydale Stripmall on Poinsett Hgwy.  Good rates.  Also, Wheaton Arms is a go-to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top