Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 10:46:10 PM EDT
Anybody in the Charleston area want to go Saturday morning?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The BIG show is in Greenville that weekend. headed to Greenville from the midlands. Would like to hear a report on the Ladson Show anyway.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I tend to avoid the Ladson show these days.

Cramped, stinky and the clientele tends to be a little sketchier and have a few fewer teeth, lol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cramped, stinky and the clientele tends to be a little sketchier and have a few fewer teeth, lol.
View Quote

...and fewer chromosomes.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
AR15 30 rd MSAR mags 3 for $20, your choice black, FDE or smoke. Same vendor also had 40rd mags marked 7.62 x ?? on the side just beneath the feed lips but the follower was stamped 5.56, they were intended for 300 BO.
My bud picked up a used Rossi pump in 22LR to use as a suppressor host after some machine work.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto.  Never been impressed with it or the prices.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It was crowded for sure. It would help if they didn't allow junk book and Chinese knock-off vendors to come in. That would allow for more spacing between the tables. I didn't leave empty handed that. Picture to come later.

ETA picture.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Was in the area for another reason and went in to waste some time.

Wasn't bad at all but OTOH didn't notice much except the usual slightly overpriced stuff and occasional gun show derp,

...... but I did pick up excellent condition ammo cans for $10 each and 750 bulk 9mm round nose for $160 from DefenderAmmo.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I went Saturday around lunch and it was pretty crowded.  Buddy and I picked up some reloading suppliers from Georgia Arms.  They have pretty fair prices on most of their stuff and it saves from paying shipping when buying online.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I went to the Greenville SCACA show, and several vendors I spoke with said their inventory was somewhat diluted, because it was split between the Greenville and Ladson SC shows on the same weekend. One of them, Upstate Armory Group was selling Anderson AR lowers from a box full for $49.00 each. You could get consecutive serial numbers by request. A friend bought 2 with consec. serial numbers and I picked up and stashed a lower parts kit less FCG and grip, (Already have those items) for $32.00. Part of the UAG team was to be at Ladson, were they there with the same offerings?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Upstate Armory Group was in Ladson at their usual corner of the show.  I thought that they did not have near the selection of items that they normally do, especially with regards to handguns.  The handgun cases looked more empty than normal.

ETA - typo corrected
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Upstate Armory Group was in Ladson at their usual corner of the show.  I thought that they did not have near the election of items that they normally do, especially with regards to handguns.  The handgun cases looked more empty than normal.
View Quote

Yep, splitting inventory, they had less inventory covering the table at Greenville too, including fewer handguns.  But, we went by there Simpsonville store on the way to Greenville show, and it appeared to be fully stocked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top