Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2015 4:20:42 PM EDT
My son turns 9 this month and wants to go camping for his birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to do hiking and if its warm he wants to swim also maybe do some kayaking.

Been here for 4 years and have not got to do much because of my job so I dont know many places to go we did go to Medora last year at the end of the summer the place was a ghost town we did not mind that at all and it was awesome going on all the hikes. We are kind of worried that it would be a tourist trap now also never did find a place to swim or get a boat.

Year before we went to Brainerd MN loved it there we rented a home for the week but he is wanting to do camping.I'm Willing to drive up to 6 hours for this trip and I want to make it perfect for him place to camp, swim, kayaking and hiking. I'm willing to go to MT, MN or SD we really don't want a tours place just nice relaxing place easy going. Also I'm in Bismarck of that help as all that's for the advice!
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Lake Tschida just west of you? We went to scout camp there a couple of years ago and it seemed like a gorgeous place.

There are hundreds of places in western Minnesota to go as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
In State:
TRNP/Medora area
Pembina Gorge, west of Walhalla

Regional:
Black Hills/Spearfish area
Red Lodge, MT
Bear Tooth Pass Hwy.
Yellowstone NP

BTW, I'm in Bismarck also.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Washburn area North of Bismarck there's a nice state park on the river.
Cross Ranch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top