Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 1:58:04 AM EDT
I know there's country as far as the eye can see, but I don't want to be a dickhole and pull off and shoot on someones land. Where should I go around here?

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
A number of people shoot at a spot north of the Base. I haven't been there.

You have Forks Rifle Club out on Merrifield rd. It's Members only although I can take a guest for 15 bucks for a 15 consecutive day pass.
They do League for small bore etc amd you can shoot out to 600 yards.

EGF has a great range north of town on 220. 25, 50, 100, and 200 and trap.

Both have websites and are are fairly reasonable to join.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a place out by Kellys Slough guys go shoot not sure quite where also a gravel pit out in Mekinock North of the AFB I'll find out where it is for sure for you...

We have a 100 yard or so range but we are 50 or so miles south...
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys. I suppose I will have to do some exploring out in the country and see if I can find these places. Does the Forks Rifle Club allow suppressors? As soon as I get on my feet financially, that is the first thing on my list to get. Being a MN transplant, not being allowed to them before has made me want to have one more so then if I had been allowed to in the first place
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The gravel pit north of the base is closed to shooting now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, now that it's nice out, I am getting more serious about finding a range. What are the rules like at the Forks Rifle Club vs the EGF Range? Is there one that is better?

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Im a member at both. Shoot most the time at forks cause I live on the southend. EGF is nice because it's in the trees by the river. More options for EGF as far as distances. berms at 25, 50 , 100, 200.

Forks has leagues that anyone can shoot in which is nice.

What are you shooting for guns?

IM me if your are looking for someone to shoot with.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a place down by Buxton. It is west a couple miles and south a couple. It isn't much. But in a pinch it would work.
Xdeano
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Do people still go shooting on the north side of the garbage dump and sewage lagoon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top