Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2014 12:00:22 AM EDT
How safe is the metro system? Especially at night?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By SkunkTop:
How safe is the metro system? Especially at night?
View Quote

Haha! I thought you meant Metro Safety, as in the Safety Division at WMATA. I'm dealing with those guys on a project right now and they are mostly grade A, over-zealous safety nazis.

To answer you're question though: I ride the metro rails at night all the time and I don't really feel too uncomfortable. Then again, I'm a 6'4" 215 lb white guy and look like I know how to handle myself well enough. I do try to avoid talking to most of the people I see on the train though. I never ride the buses, so I can't really speak about them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So I haven't had any issues as of yet, but someone I know was robbed last night At knife point at our stop. I really only metro to and from work from VA to DC. I know I can carry an expandable baton in DC, but pretty sure it's no allowed in the Cannon/Longworth/Rayburn HOB's. How can I carry a baton to and from work, even without taking the baton into the building? I get off work at 6pm every day, so I sort of want to arm myself, and Id like to keep/store my asp somewhere during the work day. And ideas? Banks close at 5, so no deposit box.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're authorized to carry the baton in DC then just give it to the USCP Officer running the scanner.  They have lock boxes in all the buildings.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on which area's you are traveling past/ stopping at

At night.....

Green / Yellow line in DC is not good

Blue/Orange line past Smithsonian  going east into PG county are not good

Red line  overall is fine the whole way.

Rule of thumb : Basically any line that goes into DC and moves east is questionable.
Top Top