Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 9:54:08 PM EDT
I go to ocean city all the time, but fishing opwrtunities are very limited.
Going down costal highway. I see lot of vehicle access to the beach for fishing.

What and how much would it be for me to get an out of state salt water fishing license and be able to drive my Jeep out on the beach to fish?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
start here

http://www.destateparks.com/activities/fishing/surf-fishing/vehicle-permit.asp
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thinks for the information.
Looking trough the information. I think I may be better off at Assateague Island. I can get the over sand permit and year long  park pass for about $140.  And I already have the MD fishing licenses.

With assateague island we can drive along the beach and  not only fish but play on the beach or swim. And they have wild poney running around and camp grounds.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
yep.  during the day.  night rules are different.

there are actually places to fish in oc, if you look.

4th street bulkhead is good for tuag, blues, rock, ect
inlet peer is pay, but can be nice if its not crowded.
stinky beach can also be a good spot
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have fished off the rocks at the inlet with OK results. I have used the park off 50 but someone broke into the vehicles last time I was there. I even tried fishing from the beach early in the morning but haven't cought anything.  I am not a big pay to fish off a prior type of person. They Get to many people on them and no room to really fish.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#5]
check out 4th street bulkhead
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinks for the information.
Looking trough the information. I think I may be better off at Assateague Island. I can get the over sand permit and year long  park pass for about $140.  And I already have the MD fishing licenses.

With assateague island we can drive along the beach and  not only fish but play on the beach or swim. And they have wild poney running around and camp grounds.
View Quote

You can swim and play on the beach with DE surf tags as well, you just have to have at least one person actively fishing.  Also the surf tag covers the owner of the vehicle for a fishing license in Delaware for surf fishing.  If anyone else wanted to fish they would need their own fishing license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top