Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 9:34:07 PM EDT
Has anyone in Boise tried using a swamp cooler?  How did it work?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda curious about it myself. 

I bought a couple when I lived in Oklahoma and it worked pretty well, even in pretty humid conditions.  Might be just the ticket for my shop.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
If you had swamp coolers work well in Oklahoma, we should be golden with platinum lining.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you had swamp coolers work well in Oklahoma, we should be golden with platinum lining.
View Quote
Just because it works in the 7th level of hell doesn't mean it is worth the money here. 

But you should buy one and let us know.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Oklahoma should have way more humidity than here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oklahoma should have way more humidity than here.
View Quote
You do know that window air conditioners are not all that expensive these days?  Right?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know anyone with one, nor have I heard about anyone using one here. Window A/C units are like 100 bucks, but for use in small areas. I do know a guy that used a swamp cooler in his camp trailer. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing beats the non-stop running swap cooler, the tacky/clammy feeling of everything feeling damp, and the nice musty moldy smell that s wafts down through the vents if you ever start/stop it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Swamp coolers suck for a house.

However, go sweat your butt off then go do the same work in front of a swamp cooler.  They are amazing in a shop or outdoor environment.  I have a big shop, anything short of a big central unit won't do jack to cool it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Swamp coolers suck for a house.

However, go sweat your butt off then go do the same work in front of a swamp cooler.  They are amazing in a shop or outdoor environment.  I have a big shop, anything short of a big central unit won't do jack to cool it.
View Quote
I'd agree.

The shop at work has a swamp cooler, but the office areas have A/C. 

ETA: Both are better than outside. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top