Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 8:35:56 PM EDT
I was back in Boise this week. Stayed in a mediocre hotel by the river and got pulled over Monday morning leaving the hotel while driving a Washington registered early 2000s Chevy with the shitty factory paint that looks like it has a sunburn. "Failure to use a turn signal" going from a one way, in the turn only lane, to another one way.  

Cop started asking about previous arrests and if I had any drugs or pipes in the vehicle, it'd be okay to let him know. Its no big deal.

Asked specifically how I'd feel about him searching the vehicle. I said he wouldn't find any drugs but I don't want him to search the vehicle, I would like to get on with my business, have a busy day etc.

He asked about drugs some more and I explained I had a job that used random UAs, I don't use drugs. He let me off with a warning about the turn signal (which I'm pretty sure I did use,but not 100% due to the 1way to 1way intersection)  without looking at my registration or insurance, or searching the vehicle.  

That being said, shooting squirrels and seeing Boise again after 5 years was a good time, but I don't miss Idaho LE at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The Justice Network routinely airs most wanted spots during shows.  Each major city gets its own spot for fugitive murderers and things like that.

The current spots running for Boise are about people getting in fights and for not showing up to court when they were driving without insurance.    
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The current spots running for Boise are about people getting in fights and for not showing up to court when they were driving without insurance.    
View Quote

Idaho has real criminals, they just dont have very many of them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Boise has the same societal ills any other town has, just on a smaller scale.  To get a good idea of what goes on around here, take a good look at the Ada County Sheriffs webpage.  Look at current arrests and their crime mapping page.  

One thing I will give the ADSO and BPD credit for is they have a pretty good handle on whats going on amd they do keep a good lid on things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top