Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 4:39:59 PM EDT

Right now, we're looking at about 9,100 CFS, if the news is accurate.  Eagle has also closed its entire portion of the green belt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I read floating season may be cancelled due to the flows being so high.  Also with all the warnings and closings along the Greenbelt more and more people are going too close to the river than ever.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone here in Middleton was posting the history of floods in the valley.  I never knew that the Boise river used to be 1.9 miles wide at some sections and Eagle Island actually used to be in a different spot, but the shifting river changed that.  Just East of Linder, South of Hwy 44, there is a lot of flooding going on around homes, streets, etc.  I feel for the folks that live there...

Eric 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did they post the history?

I guess it is going to be hard to sell those new construction next to the road while the yards are part of the river.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It was posted on one of the Middleton Facebook groups (Middleton Matters, or Middleton Friendly Neighbors).  There is also a lot of good stuff that comes up on the Boise & Treasure Valley History FB page as well (open group).  They also spoke of the Garden City area being completely flooded, with many of the nurseries being wiped out.  Apparently, it was named after all the nurseries there and Chinden was named after the gardens and China (folks who inhabited the area at the time).

Good resources:
Garden City Wiki

History of the Boise River/Reservoirs:
PDF Document

Eric  
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Well part of Garden City flooded today.  A trailer park home on Adam's Street is flooded an there's some house property damage near it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top