Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2017 11:32:31 PM EDT
The Idaho Varmint Hunters will have an Idaho Fish and Game Biologist as their special guest for this month's meeting.  He will be covering everything you would want to know about ground squirrels in Idaho, and which two (Yes, only two) species are legal to hunt and where.  He will also take some questions after the discussion.

Come by, have dinner (lasagna and salad), hear him speak, go home with a guide to ground-dwelling squirrels of the Northwest, and put your name and email address in for a drawing for a chance to win a prize!

It will be held at my Community Center at 1768 Windmill Springs Court, Middleton, Idaho 83644

Meeting begins at 7pm on Tuesday, April 11, 2017.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Eric 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Huh.  I didn't know Middleton had a community center.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the date I was planning on doing my first whistle pig hunt. I'd go but unfortunately between 4 days of baseball with my Son and 2 days each week of soccer with my daughter my evenings aren't my own right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh.  I didn't know Middleton had a community center.  
View Quote
It's the community center in my subdivision.  A couple of guys who live here might ending up going as well.

Are you going?

Eric 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's the date I was planning on doing my first whistle pig hunt. I'd go but unfortunately between 4 days of baseball with my Son and 2 days each week of soccer with my daughter my evenings aren't my own right now.
View Quote
No problem.  We are hoping to have speakers every couple of months.

Eric 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's the community center in my subdivision.  A couple of guys who live here might ending up going as well.

Are you going?

Eric 
View Quote
I planned to go, wife had other plans.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
It was really good and showed how little I knew (and was told) about ground squirrels here in Idaho.  There are a bunch that are legal to shoot, depending on the area and he also spoke about specific species and the areas they inhabit.  The portion on the different types of plague and how hard it is to track, was very interesting.

Eric 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was really good and showed how little I knew (and was told) about ground squirrels here in Idaho.  There are a bunch that are legal to shoot, depending on the area and he also spoke about specific species and the areas they inhabit.  The portion on the different types of plague and how hard it is to track, was very interesting.

Eric 
View Quote
What's the word on plague this year? I read an article or post a few days ago, after I went hunting of course, that basically said you shouldn't even leave the roads anymore and might want to just shoot from your car.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Newby question. Do you have these often. Would like to learn about where to shoot. Have not done any since I moved up here.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The plague is bound to "pop-off" at numerous places around the TV, however they do not know where or when.  The biologist said that there is no way to determine when and where any plague outbreak might happen and they are not even sure why.

I have an article that explains what I do to keep myself as flea free as possible:
Varmint Hunting and Catching the Plague

----------
The Idaho Varmint Hunters meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month.  They are held in Middleton, ID and are announced in advance if the location changes.  For June, we will be back at the Clubhouse in my subdivision with Ron Talbot, who will be discussing coyote calling and hunting.  I'll make a post about it soon.

Eric 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top