Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 11:54:17 AM EDT
Hi all! I'm a refugee that just moved to Boise from Portland. I escaped!
Im a long time lurker and just joined.

Im a die hard conservative with a wife, 2 little boys and love for firearms and the outdoors.

We just moved to Boise a week ago and we love it! We bought a house near the HP factory in the Glen Rim neighborhood.

I hope to make some new like minded friends here.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to town!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey. 

Eric 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Impact Guns seems to have the best pistol deals now.  I think they also have the only indoor range between Boise and Meridian, but I could be mistaken about that.

Anyway, there's public shooting out around Gowen Field.

I've been here almost two years.  So far I regret...nothing.  This place has actually worked out better than I had anticipated.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to town!!
View Quote
Thanks Iron Knife!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey. 

Eric 
View Quote
Hey Eric!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Impact Guns seems to have the best pistol deals now.  I think they also have the only indoor range between Boise and Meridian, but I could be mistaken about that.

Anyway, there's public shooting out around Gowen Field.

I've been here almost two years.  So far I regret...nothing.  This place has actually worked out better than I had anticipated.
View Quote
Thanks for the info! Ive been here 6 days and havent had a chance to check out much yet but I did swing by by Idaho Guns today to sniff around and liked it. Nice staff and good selection.

I was thinking about hitting the free range by Nampa. Wondering if its sketchy though. Sometimes free is not a good thing, jackwagons and what not.

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Plenty of public land to shoot on, sportsmans has good prices on guns, online is best place for Ammo.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Plenty of public land to shoot on, sportsmans has good prices on guns, online is best place for Ammo.
View Quote
Thanks Iron Knife!
Yeah we had a sportsmans in Portland too. Great store.
What I need right now is a nice free float hg 15" and good 100 yard optic for my thrasher AR.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't bother with that range south of Nampa.  Too many retards, illegals, militia nuts and wanna be instructors with dangerous students out there.

The last time I went out there I was lining up a shot when I see this fat little Mexican kid walking down range.  I had just fired three rounds when I saw the little shit.  I yell to the kid to come back and he just stares at me like he doesn't understand.  Then I look over at his companions and I say, "Get him back here now."  The oldest Mexican stood there and shrugged.  "Habla engles?" I ask and all I get is "No, senior."  I then pantomined for the kid to come back which he does sheepishly.  I had to point at the line and say, "Bueno and No bueno, comprende?"  Now they're all smiles and I thought we were good.

No sooner I'm done with those numbnuts some asshole is picking up my brass.  I had to yell at him to piss off and drop my brass.  I go back to try to shoot what do I see downrange?  That same little fat fuck kid looking at what everyone was shooting at.  I packed my shit and left.  Just go out and drive for a bit south of the powerlines on Pleasant Valley Rd.  Look for a good backstop and other shooter and save yourself the hassle of other shooters.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't bother with that range south of Nampa.  Too many retards, illegals, militia nuts and wanna be instructors with dangerous students out there.

The last time I went out there I was lining up a shot when I see this fat little Mexican kid walking down range.  I had just fired three rounds when I saw the little shit.  I yell to the kid to come back and he just stares at me like he doesn't understand.  Then I look over at his companions and I say, "Get him back here now."  The oldest Mexican stood there and shrugged.  "Habla engles?" I ask and all I get is "No, senior."  I then pantomined for the kid to come back which he does sheepishly.  I had to point at the line and say, "Bueno and No bueno, comprende?"  Now they're all smiles and I thought we were good.

No sooner I'm done with those numbnuts some asshole is picking up my brass.  I had to yell at him to piss off and drop my brass.  I go back to try to shoot what do I see downrange?  That same little fat fuck kid looking at what everyone was shooting at.  I packed my shit and left.  Just go out and drive for a bit south of the powerlines on Pleasant Valley Rd.  Look for a good backstop and other shooter and save yourself the hassle of other shooters.
View Quote
Thanks Defensor. Thats kind of what i was thinking the nampa range was like. You sound just like me with rant.

My name is Noah. If you ever want a shooting buddy for the day let me know.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you referring to he "George Nourse" public range on Nash Rd., on the south side of Lake Lowell?  I shoot there whenever I visit my in-laws (Thanksgiving/Christmas).  The only trouble we've had is crowded lanes, and some kid who decided to shoot our water filed milk jugs, 20 seconds after we set them up.  If you stick to the narrow lanes on the ends, where 4-5 people can shoot instead of 20+ on the big lanes, it's not as nerve racking.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you referring to he "George Nourse" public range on Nash Rd., on the south side of Lake Lowell?  I shoot there whenever I visit my in-laws (Thanksgiving/Christmas).  The only trouble we've had is crowded lanes, and some kid who decided to shoot our water filed milk jugs, 20 seconds after we set them up.  If you stick to the narrow lanes on the ends, where 4-5 people can shoot instead of 20+ on the big lanes, it's not as nerve racking.
View Quote
Hi Zirk.
Thats the one. Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to Idaho!

I've been here for about a year but I work from home so I don't get to know many people and don't know anywhere else to go shooting besides the free range. That being said I get to set my own hours I get there in the morning on weekdays and it's never been crowded and I've never had any issues.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Hi Joe.
Thanks man.
Sounds like u got it made in the shade.  

If I go Ill try the same times you mentioned too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to the george nourse range today. Got there about 3pm and it was not crowded. No weirdos or anything either. Guess I got lucky.

Had a blast, got my ar sighted in and broke in my new glock.

Its a hike from boise though. Any recommendations on something closer?

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Behind the airport, head South on Pleasant Valley Rd.  Past the prison, past the railroad tracks.  When you get past the power lines, you are legal to shoot.  For free.  As far as you want to.  Don't shoot at tanks or Apache helicopters.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Behind the airport, head South on Pleasant Valley Rd.  Past the prison, past the railroad tracks.  When you get past the power lines, you are legal to shoot.  For free.  As far as you want to.  Don't shoot at tanks or Apache helicopters.
View Quote
Are the power lines before or after the road turns to dirt?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to Idaho. I've been here since 2002 I think. I was still in grade school and finally got around to graduating college here recently. I was applying for jobs and was getting nervous that I might end up somewhere in the New England area or California but fortunately I got lucky and managed to get an offer in Boise.

Quoted:
Are the power lines before or after the road turns to dirt?
View Quote
After. You have to cross through the birds of prey zone. And it's the big high voltage ones you're looking for, you'll know when you hit them. There's signs and what not to guide shooters as well. Shotguns are ok on the birds of prey land but that's also where all the dirt bikers and atv riders play so it can be a bit risky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top