Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:41:49 AM EDT
Bringing my Macbook into Canada for week while I'm there with the family will there be a problem during the visit? I've had a couple friends tell me to leave it and bring my tablet. Do to the laptop being serched at the port of entry and taking a good amount of time while they do there thing. Also how wifi friendly is the niagara falls area? thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Problem...no

Will they look at it, maybe but for certain reasons. Like if they suspect you will work here or for some criminal investigation.
They will do the same with your tablet if needed.

For the wifi in Niagara, no idea.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Problem...no

Will they look at it, maybe but for certain reasons. Like if they suspect you will work here or for some criminal investigation.
They will do the same with your tablet if needed.

For the wifi in Niagara, no idea.
View Quote

Total undersatnd them looking just don't want it to delay me for a while. Thanks man
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I took my laptop in my carry on luggage to Florida and had no issue going through Customs on the way down or back.
They might ask you to turn it on....
Are you flying or driving?  
View Quote

I'll be driving through New York port of entry. The big problem i had while i flew to Mexico is being detained for 6 hours cause of my laptop with a firearm screen saver and having my knife in my luggage. just don't want to be sitting again for hours waiting till they let me go, Have no problem letting you guys do your thing just don't want to be sitting in a white room again lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top