Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2016 1:05:41 AM EDT
So I'm looking at a road trip to Quebec in the beginning of August. Will be going through Niagara Falls area or the Alexandria bay area.

And I have no idea what's up there except lots of trees and a bunch of you people near the border.

Any suggestion on National parks /fishing spots I can visit and camp at. Looking to spend about 2 weeks driving around adding to your smog problem.

Thanks
Benjamin

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of equipment/rv you have?

Want to go only fishing or you may also want visit some cities like Montreal, Quebec?

There is many provincial parc. One in my fav list is Mont-Tremblant. Federal would be the Mauricie.
look the english section of parc Canada or the provincial sepaq.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of equipment/rv you have?

Want to go only fishing or you may also want visit some cities like Montreal, Quebec?

There is many provincial parc. One in my fav list is Mont-Tremblant. Federal would be the Mauricie.
look the english section of parc Canada or the provincial sepaq.

View Quote

Tent camping with some fishing thrown in.  All out of my truck (4x4) with a motel now and then for a real shower.  Not much for the city scene too many people.

Looking at google maps "Lac Manicouagan" looks interesting only because it looks to be a crater of some sort

Not new to the rustic camping scene.  Will also have several jerry cans for fuel, extra water and the other stuff for needed out door excursions .

The farthest I've gone into Canada is to your side of Niagara Falls.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#3]
First and before I forgot, don't forget your fishing licence. Near Niagara, once in Quebec, if you cross a Canadian Tire (kind of Loews we have up here) stop by and take the licence.

Now sure, there is SOOOOO many great place here.
Guess you are talking about the electrical dam (la manic). Never went there but heard great stories.

Unfortunatly, i did  not found any web site in english that would be helpful to you unless you use a web translator. Even the natural ministry web site is only half translated. Buncn of idiots
http://mffp.gouv.qc.ca/

Once you left the Montreal area, most people will have some problem to speak in english but will try and help you as could as they can. Guess it's time to review your french courses from high school

If you visit the sepaq web site, you will be able to make great plans and some reservations. As a first trip here, i beleive it's your best option.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.sepaq.com/index.dot?language_id=1

This is the .gov network of parcs around the province. Well maintained installations usually without electricity and where generators are forbidden so you have peace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top