Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 9:13:49 AM EDT
I'm planning on visiting Canada in a couple of weeks. How do I convert US dollars to Canadian dollars? And vice versa when I leave? I'll be in Winsdor, opposite Detroit if that matters.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
www.xe.com
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm planning on visiting Canada in a couple of weeks. How do I convert US dollars to Canadian dollars? And vice versa when I leave? I'll be in Winsdor, opposite Detroit if that matters.

Thanks,
View Quote

Most banks will do it for you, conversion switched in favor of the US $.

You can also check with your credit card issuer and compare how much they charge, it might be less hassle if you want to pay for a fancy restaurant.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I did check with my credit card company and they told me 3%.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be getting 10-12% extra for your US dollar at any Canadian bank.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
When I'm in Canada I just get cash from an ATM. If your ATM card has one of the network logos (Plus, Star, Cirrus, etc) that matches the ATM you're gtg.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I'm in Canada I just get cash from an ATM. If your ATM card has one of the network logos (Plus, Star, Cirrus, etc) that matches the ATM you're gtg.
View Quote

That's what I do in any country is hop off the plane and go to the first bank machine that has the plus logo.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way - just about everywhere in Canada they're happy to take US cash.  They'll often give you a better exchange rate than the banks, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top