Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2014 5:56:43 AM EDT
gotta love this Canadian-American! Sgt.-at-Arms Vickers and MAJ Sinke, cut from the very same cloth.

But as he told police: “If they’re looking for a fight, they came to the right guy.” When Sinke told police about the phone calls, he added, “I promise you this: If they come here, they’ll die here.”  “I said, ‘Hey, you’re looking for a target, here’s a new one for you; give it your best shot; we’ll see how it works out for you.’ ”
View Quote

the best one---when questioned by local LEO if his un-official guard duties were wise, MAJ Sinke responded to the police officer, referring to his USMC dress sword:

“He says, ‘God man, you got more balls than brains don’t you?’ ” Sinke said. “So I said, ‘Well actually, sir, I was kind of hoping that one of those scum-of-the-earth radicals would show up and take me on because, to tell you the truth, I have always dreamed of being able to confront an evil-doer and run him through with this damn sword.’ So he kind of liked that, you know.”
View Quote

Retired Marine Gets Death Threats for Guarding War Memorial

...five Purple Hearts for wounds in action...a man not to be trifled with. I find it fascinating that his issue dress sword in the standard USMC "Mameluke" issue, a cross-hilted, curved, scimitar-like sword historically derived from sabres used by Mamluk warriors of Mamluk Egypt from whom the sword derives its name. It is related to the shamshir, which had its origins in Persia from where the style migrated to India, Egypt and North Africa and the Turkish kilij. Radical Islam--touche!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top