Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2011 5:57:57 PM EDT
Hey Guys, just signed up here!! Living in Alberta and have a question

i'm looking for an AR 15 soon and i've been told to look at NEA new AR 15 http://northeasternarms.com/beta/platforms-1

I was wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with them? i'm really nervous spending a lot of money on something so new. If anyone has any experience with this company i'd love to hear it!

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has any experience with them, it's a brand new unproven rifle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
yah thats what worries me.... i don't want to be the test subject
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Handled a couple but not shot one.

• Not particularly well made

• Bad fit and finish

• Poor specifying and design

• Marketing doesn't inspire confidence

They probably work fine but I'm sure you have other options that work fine AND are nicely made.

More generally, if you're new to ARs (or shooting full stop) I'd suggest spending some time with other people's guns before jumping into something expensive.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
hi you can read this link
http://www.imas.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7520
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's wicked that you guys can hunt with AR's down there.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've been following the NEA story up here and while the owner has admitted they have some quality control and customer service issues..they are working to fix these.

If it was me..I'd go with an established brand..Armalite, Bushy,Rock River..depending on your budget.

If NEA is still in the ar business in  a couple of years..I'd consider buying one.

They seem pretty straight forward about fixing whatever it is that's broken.

I am considering buying one, but I might wait to see what the fuss over the "monolithic" upper is all about.

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been following the NEA story up here and while the owner has admitted they have some quality control and customer service issues..they are working to fix these.
If it was me..I'd go with an established brand..Armalite, Bushy,Rock River..depending on your budget.
If NEA is still in the ar business in  a couple of years..I'd consider buying one.

They seem pretty straight forward about fixing whatever it is that's broken.

I am considering buying one, but I might wait to see what the fuss over the "monolithic" upper is all about.

the problem I see with them at the moment is thier QC sucks, sure they have  "great" customer service but so far they have had issues with everything, buffer tubes to long, gas port to small, trigger componets soft, bad gas keys making it to a customer, unstaked gas keys and castle nuts, misaligned FF Handguards, Bad Machining inside handguards....

so on and so on.... frankly they keep saying that the "canadian" market is small to them and they sell "thousands" of rifles to clients overseas without any problems surfacing..... frankly with thier lack of QC in canada that statement surprises me.

offcially they have said there is less then 500 rifles in canada.... to me they should have spent the time, even an extra hour per rifle and done better QC and upped thier price by $40 but it would seem they where so set on a price point that they ran out of money before getting to the QC.... honestly, it would take 10 minutes to strip the rifle down, check the parts for alignment and enguagement, test fire the rifle with 10 rounds, another 10 minutes spent looking for irregular wear and wipe clean and re lube... pack in box.

I agree with striker, I am not here to be a test bed... I want a rifle to run out of the box with minimal fuss...
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's wicked that you guys can hunt with AR's down there.

and we can shoot with suppressor.......
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Andy from Canadian Reload Radio has one, he seems pleased with it, apart from the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Andy from Canadian Reload Radio has one, he seems pleased with it, apart from the trigger.

Wow, you listen to that?

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, you listen to that?

Yeah, keeps me informed, that way I can talk to my uncle up there about gun related stuff. I'm a Canukistani.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top