Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 11:44:34 AM EDT
So, here is my immediate problem:

I have earnest money down on a piece of property about midway between Plains and Thompson Falls.  Trying to get the numbers in to the bank ASAP, so we can get the construction loan in place and my builder can start on my house, hopefully by July.

Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication between us, he thought *I* was getting the quote for the driveway that needs to be built off the local access road.  I thought *he* was doing that while he was getting the rest of the numbers together.  This was almost 3 weeks ago now, I have been swamped at work (worked 82 hours one week), and didn't realize what was going on until yesterday.

So, I need someone, RIGHT NOW, who can wander down to the land and give me a quote on the road/driveway.  They don't have to BUILD it until we start in (hopefully) July, but I need to quote, like, yesterday.

I have a few phone calls/messages into some places (one in Kalispell, one in Dayton/Elmo, one in Clark Fork Idaho), but no one has gotten back to me yet.  I'll keep trying them, but obviously I am looking for any and all options right now.

Does anyone know anyone who builds driveways/roads and works down in the area?  And could meet me out there, say, early next week to give me a quote, so I have numbers to give to the bank?

Details:

The access road is just a nice gravel road leading off HWY 200.  My legal access has to be off that road.  I need a 400-500 foot gravel drive built/cut in to the building site.  It's on a slope, and the ground is fairly rocky.  I'd like to angle it down the slope, then make a corner and run it into the building site (already leveled with the well and power there), so it isn't too steep.  We have plenty of room (almost 5 acres), so if we run into rock issues (likely), we should have enough room to go around if we can't dig it out (as opposed to blasting, lol).  Not looking to get it paved.  Just a good gravel road my parents and I can keep plowed and get in and out of during the winter (they are putting a house out on the property too...just a 12x60 or 14x70 mobile, but the building site is huge, and they need somewhere to retire).

Anyone?  Help?  
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I may know someone up here in the Kalispell area.  I know he's done some projects outside the Flathead Valley.  I'll check with him and get back to you.  BTW, he's really good and very reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may know someone up here in the Kalispell area.  I know he's done some projects outside the Flathead Valley.  I'll check with him and get back to you.  BTW, he's really good and very reasonable.
View Quote
@XSabers

Does he also do driveway retaining walls?  If so I need his info as well.

Thank You.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Contact Sue or Jim at On Track Excavation.  Ph#  (406) 752-7360.  They will do work in that area.  They've done jobs in T-Falls before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top