BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 10:53:05 AM EDT
Bozeman Chronicle

Testor direct comments

My response to Sen. Testor

Sen. Testor,

I'm extremely disappointed with your decision not to support SCOTUS nominee Gorsuch.  The points you made in your decision are flawed.

#1 - Justice R.B Ginsberg established the precedent of not commenting on potential future court cases in 1993 and every SOCTUS nominee has followed that precedent since,

#2 - There is no evidence that Gorsuch is involved with "Dark Money" (is this the same stuff that Democrats use to run ads in Montana?),

#3 - Judge Gorsuch has supported privacy and women's rights in his past decisions. He has followed the laws passed by Congress vs. being an activist judge like so many other left-of-center judges that think they can create law vs. state and federal legislation.  The US Constitution is not a restaurant menu to pick and choose from, and to alter at a whim based on an individuals' opinion vs. actual law. But that's always the position of your party, and

#4 - Based on his approach to law he has been given the highest rating by the American Bar Association, and has been endorsed by persons across the political spectrum include those from your left-of-center party's perspective.

In your decision you claim Judge Gorsuch's positions goes against Montana values. Considering all the Montana Indian tribes are likely the citizens that could be most affected by SCOTUS decisions, each tribe has endorsed Judge Gorsuch based on his past record.  Based on the ginned-up claims by your party apparently you don't think the tribes don't have Montana values either.

So it appears your decision flies in the face of Montana values. I guess taking orders from your out-of-state mentors/bosses are not Montana values either.

Regards,
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't say I am truly surprised but I figured he would at least be quiet about it to try to save his job. This will put the nail in his coffin come reelection time, so that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't say I am truly surprised but I figured he would at least be quiet about it to try to save his job. This will put the nail in his coffin come reelection time, so that's a good thing.
View Quote
Your lips to gods ears. I have a feeling the libtards in Missoula Kalispell,Bozeman and Billings will hand him another term
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Your lips to gods ears. I have a feeling the libtards in Missoula Kalispell,Bozeman and Billings will hand him another term
View Quote
Missoula and Bozeman for sure will vote for him, and likely places like Kalispell and Butte, but I think they will be dominated by the rest of the state and Billings.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The Repubs need to nominate a solid candidate to run against Testor, and the Libretarians need to decide whether they want to elect Testor again.

I would hope that AG Fox would run against Testor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well this one conservative from Kalispell, that will do my damndest to see he is not re-elected this time!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I too fired off an e-mail to ol' Jon not that he will read it but I felt better.  He is just like the dems of CA and NY.  Looking out for a losing party and not the people of MT.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, and the upcoming special election will be the writing on the wall for Tester's future.  I sure hope he becomes unemployed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Like all Dems, when it comes right down to it he will tow the party line.  The Dems are making a stand & Testor is Dem before he is a Montanan.

Doubt it will cost him his job though - Dems will vote for him, and uninformed / centrist voters will vote for the incumbent.

The GOP seems unable to run a strong candidate in MT.  Possibly because the hunting and fishing access laws are so vulnerable.  It seems like every time some strong GOP candidate comes up they want to change our stream access laws.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I' not even bothering to mail him or email him.  He's stuck so far up the (D)'s ass he breathes through Pelosi's naval.

Tester can kiss my ass.    He's never replied to a question/comment to him, so I have some respect for Daines in that aspect.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw the first Quist ad on the tube today.

As expected it shows him as a singing good-old-boy Montanan who's not a millionare. No policy info just a feel good ad.

The Demo zombies will yank the donkey tail for him regardless of the dirt that's come out on him.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Tester has always been a party puppet, from day one. I have just as much faith that he gives a rat's behind about the letters/emails we send, as I have surprise that he's going against Gorsuch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Saw the first Quist ad on the tube today.

As expected it shows him as a singing good-old-boy Montanan who's not a millionare. No policy info just a feel good ad.

The Demo zombies will yank the donkey tail for him regardless of the dirt that's come out on him.
View Quote
Yup, lets elect a good ol' boy that jumps out of his old truck with a gitar over his shoulder all ready to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top