Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:44:36 AM EDT
Not much info available now, just that the guns were stolen from a trailer in the Academy parking lot. If anyone finds more information please share.

Story.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Just updated to 67 guns and "All but six of the guns stolen were handguns."
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang. Wonder what kind of trailer that was (motor freight, etc)?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang. Wonder what kind of trailer that was (motor freight, etc)?
View Quote

Guns come in with the regular shipment from the DC in Georgia so its a company driver and trailer all the way.  No special handling really.  They get put on last, off first so they're usually at the rear of the trailer. Handguns in gray totes secured with a zip ties.  Long guns are usually several boxes taped together. From there they go straight to gun bar for scanning into inventory.  It would actually be pretty easy to do if the driver leaves/zonked out/jamming some tunes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Guns come in with the regular shipment from the DC in Georgia so its a company driver and trailer all the way.  No special handling really.  They get put on last, off first so they're usually at the rear of the trailer. Handguns in gray totes secured with a zip ties.  Long guns are usually several boxes taped together. From there they go straight to gun bar for scanning into inventory.  It would actually be pretty easy to do if the driver leaves/zonked out/jamming some tunes.
View Quote
If you had to guess how often are guns coming in on these trucks? Is it a couple times a week or once a month? I'm thinking this might be an inside job if it's a once a month deal.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Some more info.

The guns were in a trailer parked at Academy Sports on Goodman Road. The trailer's driver arrived at around 10 p.m. He was set to deliver the contents of the trailer to the store at 6 a.m. the next day.

Police said the truck driver went to sleep behind the store Sunday night; when he woke up, the guns and ammo were gone
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you had to guess how often are guns coming in on these trucks? Is it a couple times a week or once a month? I'm thinking this might be an inside job if it's a once a month deal.
View Quote

We got them in Tupelo on Saturday morning.  The truck arrived overnight and waited till we got to work at 8:00 and the receiving crew started unloading the truck.  As far as I know its a once a week shipment.  So yeah, somebody could have plannned around the predictable shipment.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Some more info.

The guns were in a trailer parked at Academy Sports on Goodman Road. The trailer's driver arrived at around 10 p.m. He was set to deliver the contents of the trailer to the store at 6 a.m. the next day.

Police said the truck driver went to sleep behind the store Sunday night; when he woke up, the guns and ammo were gone
Wow.  He slept through it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably had an A/C unit running and if you knew what you were doing in a secluded area that gave enough time to work slowly so as not to rock the trailer or screech the door....
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Probably had an A/C unit running and if you knew what you were doing in a secluded area that gave enough time to work slowly so as not to rock the trailer or screech the door....
View Quote
I bet that driver is getting an extensive questioning right now. He might've heard em and said "oh well, not my stuff, I ain't going out there and getting killed over it"
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could sleep that well.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I bet that driver is getting an extensive questioning right now. He might've heard em and said "oh well, not my stuff, I ain't going out there and getting killed over it"
View Quote

Oh I'm sure he's getting loved tenderly right about now.  Especially since the BATFE is involved. Probably shooting his dog as we speak.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Thinking that they should rethink where they store the firearm inventory on trucks in the future.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#13]
WMC reported this morning that this isn't the first truck to get pilfered.
One at the Academy in Cordova was done the same in March.  Funny I don't recall a story on that...

Linkypoo
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One at the Academy in Cordova was done the same in March.  Funny I don't recall a story on that...

Linkypoo
View Quote
Somebody's acting on inside info.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linkypoo
I just read the article TS posted, that's my thoughts as well. Guess we should all be on the lookout for extra cheap handguns popping up on armslist
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I hadn't heard about the Cordova Academy incident either.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, I'm sure the city of Memphis just forgot to mention it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't that convenient?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree.  Post #4 offered up a lot of detail on how it could have happened.  I'm thinking he knows something.

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree.  Post #4 offered up a lot of detail on how it could have happened.  I'm thinking he knows something.

View Quote
Maybe. If that was a truck full of peeps and cola, he might be the mastermind behind it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#21]
doubletap
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe. If that was a truck full of peeps and cola, he might be the mastermind behind it.
View Quote
This is FEMA!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top