Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2017 11:36:20 PM EDT
Curious to see if there are any Gun (or Mauser) Smiths in South Mississippi?

Preferably near Hattiesburg in General.
I have a 7mm mauser, which is I believe a Model 1895 Short Rifle,l that was handed down to me.  The rear triggerguard screw is seized and partially stripped (not my doing).  I would like to get the seized screw removed without damaging the action, I'd in turn order a replacement screw.

Although the rifle wasn't as kept up as it should have been, it is in working order.  The bore has a very light layer of surface rust, but the rifling seems solid.  I would really love to find a reputable gunsmith in the area to take care of the screw issue and give the rifle some TLC.  
The rifle is not worth much $ wise, but it has sentimental value.  I would like to keep the rifle in as much "as is" shape, except a removing any surface rust (inside or out), removing/replacing the triggerguard screw, and minor fitment issues with the stock.  

Anyone in South Miss know of a reputable gun smith?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would make the drive to Dixie Precision Rifles in Brandon.  They have a Haas CNC center and specialize in F-class rifle builds but have done the most mundane gunsmith work for us that we could not do ourselves.  All at a reasonable price.  They have a high quality bore scope and the ability to test fire and check group size.  The Britts are a top notch family.  Give them a call before you drive to make sure they are in the office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top