Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2016 1:27:11 PM EDT
Im tired of the crap in CT, and want to seriously move.  Family thinks im crazy but I just cant see living here the rest of my life.  Im just not sure where to go in VT and what there is for work.  Im young as far as arfcom goes, so not sure if that would hurt me as fas as obtaining a job would go.  I would like to stay somewhat close to the souther border of VT so that traveling back to see my family for a couple days wouldnt be too big of a hassle, I saw Springfield has some employment opportunities and a quick look at the real estate market shows there are a lot of places with some decent land.  Any direction you guys would go?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield is a shitty town.  Look in the upper valley
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wesmerc:
View Quote

Noted, ill keep searching
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By plinker8:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Seconded. One thing to keep in mind about commuting to Ma for family - no matter where you live along 91 it is an "easy" commute. I live in the NEK and go to Mass at least twice a week. Get on highway, set cruise control, arrive in Ma.

There are a lot of nice towns in Vt, the further north you go the less people / more land / less jobs (on average). What type of work are you looking for?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 691:

Seconded. One thing to keep in mind about commuting to Ma for family - no matter where you live along 91 it is an "easy" commute. I live in the NEK and go to Mass at least twice a week. Get on highway, set cruise control, arrive in Ma.

There are a lot of nice towns in Vt, the further north you go the less people / more land / less jobs (on average). What type of work are you looking for?
View All Quotes

Im not entirely sure.  I drive a truck now so thats a possibility.  I have other skills, just only this one job for the last number of years.  If I stay in CT I was considering becoming a police officer, not sure what its like up there as far as police forces go.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Im not entirely sure.  I drive a truck now so thats a possibility.  I have other skills, just only this one job for the last number of years.  If I stay in CT I was considering becoming a police officer, not sure what its like up there as far as police forces go.
View All Quotes

Mostly syrup chugging contests I hear.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UnluckyD] [#6]
Upper valley is pretty good.  Springfield isn't THAT bad.  I lived there for years and my best friend and his parents live there.  Get a place in the woods/outside of "town" (you can get there in about 5 minutes even from these locations) you'll be away from the main part of town.  Taxes are high, you're could be better off living over the river in NH, still close to 91.  Think Charlestown.  IM me you'd like details, I've lived both sides and work in the upper valley.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By UnluckyD:
Upper valley is pretty good.  Springfield isn't THAT bad.  I lived there for years and my best friend and his parents live there.  Get a place in the woods/outside of "town" (you can get there in about 5 minutes even from these locations) you'll be away from the main part of town.  Taxes are high, you're could be better off living over the river in NH, still close to 91.  Think Charlestown.  IM me you'd like details, I've lived both sides and work in the upper valley.
View Quote

I certainly will if I decide to seriously make a move.  My biggest thing is find a job before I move, or stay where im at for a longer period to build up enough money to burn while I find one once im up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top