Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2017 5:45:14 PM EDT
Any recommendations for lunch or dinner near Eatontown, NJ?  I have a couple more days here before I go home.  I have eaten at...
Blue Swan Diner
Roadside Diner on 33 in Wall
JB's Diner on 33
Casa Comida in Long Branch
Tandoor E India

I'll eat almost anything.  I will be eating alone.  I am not looking for a fine dining experience, just good food.  I don't usually splurge on dinner unless I am out with my wife.  She is home in NH.

Any suggestions are appreciated!  Sorry, I should have asked this question on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
PETE & ELDA'S eat a large pie by yourself get a free tshirt. 5 min soiuth in neptune ..
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Not an expert, but All seasons was nice last time I was there.
Rt36 & Wycoff rd
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not an expert, but All seasons was nice last time I was there.
Rt36 & Wycoff rd
View Quote
I'm having lunch here right now!

I'm going to hit up Pete and Elda's tonight.

NJ has its faults but good food is not one-off them.  The choices around here are almost unlimited.  I love good jersey diners.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
All Seasons was very mediocre.  Fried fish portion was generous but felt freezer burned.  It did not flake at all.  It came with an orange slice and cocktail sauce.  The menu said lemon and tartar.  I asked for tartar and received three blister packs of Kraft tartar. . The cocktail sauce was also not good.  Three cups of coffee tasted old.  It should not hav been a problem because I saw waitresses refilling coffee cups all over the plac.  It may have been a waiter issue on that point.

American Classics brand ketchup is also unimpressive.  The restaurant was very dark inside.  The facility is decent still but a little rough around the edges.  It looks like maint nance and upkeep is starting to fall behind.

I had lunch at Blue Swan yesterday and it was excellent.  I had a pastrami Reuben.   Very nice with an attentive staff, to boot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahhh....too bad.
Last time I was there was probably 10 years now.
Guess I'll just pass by next time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Down towards Neptune, Kelly's has a decent Reuben.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Reuben is the undisputed king of sandwiches!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If you get down that way, go to the marina to the Miss Belmar princess.
Bust the Captain's balls for me.....
Bald guy, name is Steve.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Joes crab shack rt35. Nuff said
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Joes crab shack rt35. Nuff said
View Quote
there's a Red Lobster on 35, too.

P&E's was a bust.  I drove down there.  The parking lot was packed.  I made a couple laps and moved on.  There were no spots compatible with my 24' land yacht.  

I ended up with a very nice bone in roast prime rib of beef from Americana Diner in Shrewsbury, across the street from Fort Monmouth

Thank you all for the suggestions!  I make it down to that are every few years for training or, less frequently, on a ship at the Leonardo ammo pier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top