Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 9:58:13 AM EDT
So just got myself settled after getting out of the military. My 4 ar15s and beretta made it here via a moving company I got my new place and am going to school etc etc. My rifles are NJ nuetered so I want to finally apply for my fpid here's the catch I saw on the application to list juvenile crimes, I was busted at 14 for shop lifting. It's never been the cause of denial of a gun even in CA where I bought a few. Should I put it down on the application? Apparently it didn't pop up when the military did my background check to join and since I live in Bayonne and this area is super anti gun I don't want to give them a reason to deny me. I've heard of people doing their own private background checks here and if nothing comes up then they don't put it down on the application.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm no lawyer, so I may be wrong but...
I was having the same convo with a co-worker. He said juvi records are sealed IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
You let the movers take your guns? Damn you're brave. I'm moving out of PRNJ next month and don't want anyone transporting my firearms but me.

I've heard too many horror stories if movers stealing shit and I'm afraid they'd steal my guns.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I kinda had no choice to let the movers take em. I didn't declare I had guns I parted them all out and his them at the bottom of clothing boxes and put a giant decoy pelican case with old computer parts that was locked as s decoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top