Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 9:49:01 AM EDT
Looks like they've changed their restrictions since the last time I've ordered from them:

Such restrictions may include, but are by no means limited to, the following examples:

Ammo: NY, CT, DC, HI, MA, IL* (see note below), NJ, Sacramento, CA, Berkley, CA, Carson, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Oakland, CA, Sacramento, CA, San Francisco, CA, Santa Clara, CA, Marin Co. CA, Napa Co. CA, Yolo Co. CA
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
They had an issue with a breach of credit card data a while ago IIRC so fuck em.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I just emailed them to clarify.  It may show that restriction, because they require your FID to be on file with them.  Mine is.  We'll see what they say.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just emailed them to clarify.  It may show that restriction, because they require your FID to be on file with them.  Mine is.  We'll see what they say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, this is puzzling...  here was their response:

NJ requires an FID for ammunition sales. We are currently not set up to accept or store this information for purchases. We are working on a system to once again allow NJ ammunition purchase for qualified customers. We do not know when this system will be available, but are working to have it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Trying to get a little clarification now.  My account info shows "valid FOID on file", so I'm not sure what they mean about not having a system in place to collect this info.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Trying to get a little clarification now.  My account info shows "valid FOID on file", so I'm not sure what they mean about not having a system in place to collect this info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NJ requires an FID for ammunition sales. We are currently not set up to accept or store this information for purchases. We are working on a system to once again allow NJ ammunition purchase for qualified customers. We do not know when this system will be available, but are working to have it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Their response is a nice way of saying:

To everyone in New Jersey.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably getting their shit in order after a breach or some other pending audit. FPID has quite a bit of PII on it and they were probably storing this info on an unpatched Windows XP box in Natchez garage or some horrible thing like that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, this settles it:

We are currently unable to ammunition into NJ. We are working to allow qualified customers to purchase ammunition online and on the phone with our salesmen. We are unsure when this system will be available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
View Quote

Don't know what changed for them...  I've been ordering ammo from them since before NJ's handgun ammo law went into effect, and most recently over this past summer.  Now all of a sudden it's a problem for them.

That sucks...  they usually had good pricing, and were very reliable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Screw them. Just RELOAD!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You figured out how to reload .22LR yet?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if that means they aren't going to ship reloading components too. They seem to have the best price on .223 projectiles and I just opened an account with them a few days ago; before this thread was made, to place an order.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

heh I remember reading an article some time ago about a guy who reloaded .22 with a homemade primer compound made out of strike anywhere match heads IIRC and cast bullets. Totally impractical and probably not super reliable, but cool and interesting nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting.
Bought a lot of .22LR from them during the dark years.
I haven't in a while because Cabelas has been good with letting you order more and their shipping prices are second to none.

Which brings up another interesting point....
Will Cabelas continue to ship to NJ now that they have been bought by BPS?
Because BPS doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interesting.
I haven't in a while because Cabelas has been good with letting you order more and their shipping prices are second to none.

Because BPS doesn't.
View Quote

Cabela's does not ship to NJ. I tried to order powder and primers yesterday and got a notification that they won't ship to NJ. At least on powder and primers they won't. Don't know about ammo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cabela's does not ship to NJ. I tried to order powder and primers yesterday and got a notification that they won't ship to NJ. At least on powder and primers they won't. Don't know about ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

Because BPS doesn't.

Maybe not powder.
Been getting shotgun, pistol & rifle ammo from them for decades.
Just got 500 mini mags from them 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe not powder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

Because BPS doesn't.

Maybe not powder.

I don't understand why they won't ship powder and primers. It's retarded.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  I got into it with them once...  they claimed that ATF regs prevented them from shipping "explosives" to NJ.  Told them they were full of shit - ATF regulations are federal, and apply to every state equally.  Then I smacked myself for being stupid enough to try and argue with an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep.  I got into it with them once...  they claimed that ATF regs prevented them from shipping "explosives" to NJ.  Told them they were full of shit - ATF regulations are federal, and apply to every state equally.  Then I smacked myself for being stupid enough to try and argue with an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's almost as dumb as going to Garden State Armory and buying powder and they demand your FPID for powder!! That was the one and only time I've gone in that store.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered some ammo from Natchezss today and have been on a pretty consistent basis (maybe once a month). I have recently noticed that under "my account" it now states in green that my FOID is onfile. Since it let me checkout I don't forsee any issues but I will be sure to come back and rant if there are.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have recently noticed that under "my account" it now states in green that my FOID is onfile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have recently noticed that under "my account" it now states in green that my FOID is onfile.

Noticed that in my account as well. I did call them some time ago and actually asked about the 'restrictions' and they did explain that it's changed back to how it used to be. Also, noticed the listed restrictions have been changed to no longer include NJ:

Ammo: NY, DC, HI, MA, IL* (see note below), Sacramento, CA, Berkley, CA, Carson, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Oakland, CA, Sacramento, CA, San Francisco, CA, Santa Clara, CA, Marin Co. CA, Napa Co. CA, Yolo Co. CA
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#20]
take a ride to a PA gun show. buy all the powder you can physically carry out...LOL. plus its a day out.  FK Lamebelas
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
take a ride to a PA gun show. buy all the powder you can physically carry out...LOL. plus its a day out.  FK Lamebelas
View Quote

This ^^^^^
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe not powder.
View Quote

If the BPS deal is finalized, because they are building a retail location in nj, and have an nj dealers license,  then Cabelas.com may no longer be able to ship ammo to nj residents.  They stopped shipping ammo here for a short time when the Xanadu nonsense was going on, when they abandoned Xanadu, then there was no issue with shipping ammo here.  That's why ammoman couldn't ship in state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top