Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2016 5:07:50 PM EDT
I drove over an hour today to Range 14 at Fort Dix and it was closed for the air show.  My bad for not calling I guess.

Anyone recommend a 100 yard outdoor range within a couple hours of Hudson County?  I have a new rifle that needs sighting and I'd like to do it tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I can offer you my clubs range,  however it's another 45 minutes south of Dix and tomorrow is no good.
I'm free next sat or sunday in the am and we'll most likely have the place to ourselves.
It's about fifteen minutes off ex 52
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Cherry Ridge has a 100, 200 and 300 yard range. It's in Highland Lakes, Sussex County. It's quite a bit closer to Hudson County than the range at Dix.

Only problem is you need to be a member to shoot there.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
IM inbound
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IM inbound
View Quote

IM response sent
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cherry Ridge has a 100, 200 and 300 yard range. It's in Highland Lakes, Sussex County. It's quite a bit closer to Hudson County than the range at Dix.

View Quote

Yeah that was the first thing I checked before posting.  I've heard good things but don't know any members.  If I was a bit closer membership would be an option.  I'm just too close to the city to make regular trips an option to most places for 100 yard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah that was the first thing I checked before posting.  I've heard good things but don't know any members.  If I was a bit closer membership would be an option.  I'm just too close to the city to make regular trips an option to most places for 100 yard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a member. If you ever want to go let me know and I'll take you. It's still a lot closer than driving all the way down to Fort Dix.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
as TT said, Cherry ridge is probably the closest. well, Meadowbrook is, but good luck getting a membership there LOL.

as a former resident of Kearny, it isn't too bad of a drive. nice, quiet,  and scenic up here (that's why I moved up here).

I would say bring the family and make a day trip out of it, but as you know that may be a felony in the great kamp of New Jermany. (no lunch, restroom breaks, no longer scenic route, ETC.)
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
as TT said, Cherry ridge is probably the closest. well, Meadowbrook is, but good luck getting a membership there LOL.

as a former resident of Kearny, it isn't too bad of a drive. nice, quiet,  and scenic up here (that's why I moved up here).

I would say bring the family and make a day trip out of it, but as you know that may be a felony in the great kamp of New Jermany. (no lunch, restroom breaks, no longer scenic route, ETC.)
View Quote

Actually according to ANJRPC Chrispie Creme's executive actions passed. Those liberal fucks who tried to knock them down got told to pound sand.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm a member. If you ever want to go let me know and I'll take you. It's still a lot closer than driving all the way down to Fort Dix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks sir, I may take you up on that one day.  I've always wanted to shoot there and have considered going the membership route.  It's just difficult to find the time these days and we've been considering a move out of state so I haven't been sure I want to spend the money since I still had a membership from last year to R14.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks sir, I may take you up on that one day.  I've always wanted to shoot there and have considered going the membership route.  It's just difficult to find the time these days and we've been considering a move out of state so I haven't been sure I want to spend the money since I still had a membership from last year to R14.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The family and I are planning a move next year as well.

I know how you feel about finding time. I've been trying to get to range for about a month and every time I make plans something else comes up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]
There's EFGA in Easton PA, it's a private club but membership is cheap. They have a 100yd range.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's EFGA in Easton PA, it's a private club but membership is cheap. They have a 100yd range.
View Quote

Yep - they do.  One day, it will even be open again  :)
Imagine our surprise when we drive out there today, only to find a 'Range Closed' sign at the entrance to the rifle range.  Maintenance on the backstop...  which, according to the calendar, was to have been completed last week.  Nothing on the schedule for today.

Then, since we were already in Easton, we were about to drive out to Ontelaunee in New Tripoli (where I'm also a member).  A quick check of their schedule online?  "Ranges closed today for archery competition".  Sometimes, it's just not meant to be.  This was one of those times.

Between air shows, moving dirt, and Robin Hood and his Merry Men...  I don't know if Ed will EVER get to sight in his rifle!  
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Haha, yeah it definitely wasn't in the cards this weekend!  When's the last time anyone spent more on tolls than they did ammo for two days of shooting (attempted)?

Either way it was good to meet you and talk guns and gear.  I could do that all day long.  I hope to get out and shoot one of these days soon so keep me posted if you're heading to the range and I'll gladly join.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Here ya go, outdoor 100 yd range.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that is the only option, then yes, take it.

I used to belong there and there was no quality control with the members. Some of the biggest idiots on the range I met there.

I dropped the membership and went elsewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top