Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 7:13:27 AM EDT
It would have cost the taxpayers a 22 percent increase in property tax to keep the Lake Como PD roughly $700 per year per homeowner for a 10 person force. Finally people are starting to realize the inflated cost of maintaining a PD which in many cases is not required in smaller communities throughout the states. I never heard of Lake Como but the name sounds familiar its located near Belmar
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
So it's ok that the surrounding communities now need to foot the bill for their PD to operate in Lake Como?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So it's ok that the surrounding communities now need to foot the bill for their PD to operate in Lake Como?
View Quote

Unfortunately that's what its come down to. I don't like it anymore then you and you don't want to be living in Rockland or Westchester  counties . I'm glad to see some of these departments terminated most have over stayed their welcome and have out lived their usefulness. We have got to start thinking about economics.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it was originally part of Belmar.
It's something like 1/4 sq mile. A couple blocks.
I think it could be covered pretty easily by one of the neighboring communities.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It used to be called South Belmar up until about 8-9 years ago.

I believe Belmar will be the primary police force for the tiny town. However, they do get paid for this. It's just cheaper to pay Belmar to patrol than to run an entire police station.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Their taxes won't go down that much I imagine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top