Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 9:01:15 AM EDT
Anyone with plans to attend the show next weekend?

First weekend where I do not have to work in many years, so I feel obliged to go.

Know it is going to be the same shit on the tables, but haven't seen it in a long time.

Thinking about swinging down to the new Cabelas in DE on the way back.  Different from any other?

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
hungry for jerky and girl scout cookies, huh?

Bring me back a fake knife with a swatika on it.

lol.

I'd go, but busy. I went to one in Hazelton a few months back and it was pretty good.
The Oaks show is usually better than the Philly Armory show.

You know, As I get older, I realize why I like going to the gun shows.
When I go, Its with my brother, his close friend (like a brother to me too), usually one of my sons, sometimes my good buddy too.
We walk around, look at the wierdos... (yea I know others are looking at us cuz we're wierdos too LOL)
Eat jerky and low quality hot dogs.
Laugh at the price of .22 (yep, thats a brick of plain jane Remington going for $100)
Then stop off at the range on the way back home.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

First weekend where I do not have to work in many years, so I feel obliged to go.

Know it is going to be the same shit on the tables, but haven't seen it in a long time.

Thinking about swinging down to the new Cabelas in DE on the way back.  Different from any other?

View Quote

The Cabelas at the Christiana Mall is nice, some say it is half the size of the one in Hamburg, Pa. in terms of square footage,
I think it's closer to a third smaller, but anyways, it's still better than 10 Dicks put together.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Cabelas at the Christiana Mall is nice, some say it is half the size of the one in Hamburg, Pa. in terms of square footage,
I think it's closer to a third smaller, but anyways, it's still better than 10 Dicks put together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where the hell have you been hanging out?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must I explain myself ( Dicks Sporting Goods )
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill be there. Hope they open up all 3 sides like that one time
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

With it close to the Christmas, perhaps more vendors will display their wares.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First it was 10 Dick's put together, now we are discussing someone's wears.

Am I in the right forum?  

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Am I in the right forum?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I in the right forum?  

Sure you are, hell I have not seen you for a long time, don't even remember what you look like, but I know you are at least 6'5"
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be there on Saturday...

I'm still in search of a 12.5" inch pencil barrel for a future build...
And I also need a few more ammo cans.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there along with a few guys from my club. We haven't been to the last 3 or 4 so we thought it might be time to spend our wive's Christmas present money on ourselves.   We usually hit the restaurant just outside of the expo center. I can't think of the name of it though but they have good beer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Theres a SAR-1 Nj legal here for $525. Someone buy it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#14]
It was a big show, extra section opened up, got a set of VZ 1911 grips for $30, Win 748 @27.95 and Triple 7 pellets for 29.95 a local place wanted 49.99 for the same Triple 7, of course pickles and Seafood cakes, I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It was a big show, extra section opened up, got a set of VZ 1911 grips for $30, Win 748 @27.95 and Triple 7 pellets for 29.95 a local place wanted 49.99 for the same Triple 7, of course pickles and Seafood cakes, I highly recommend them.
View Quote
Shit,

Now I definitely think I have to go........Unfortunately my partner in crime bailed on me so it will be a solo operation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#16]
You remember which seller had it for sale?

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it was R&J Firearms, Hughesville pa
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Was not a bad show.........22lr  ammo prices were still kinda goofy, but I was able to score (3) 330 round bricks for $20 a pop, the tables last three.

I found (1) table with an Anderson lower for $49 OTD.  Told him I will take it and showed him my FID and DL and got this response:

"Oh, I can not sell that directly to you, we need to go to another table for the transfer"

It was an NJ FFL that was charging $65 for the transfer,  screw that.

Did the law change?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was not a bad show.........22lr  ammo prices were still kinda goofy, but I was able to score (3) 330 round bricks for $20 a pop, the tables last three.

I found (1) table with an Anderson lower for $49 OTD.  Told him I will take it and showed him my FID and DL and got this response:

"Oh, I can not sell that directly to you, we need to go to another table for the transfer"

Did the law change?
View Quote

Cant buy lowers out of state in person anymore. ATF changed that a few years ago because they can be made into a pistol technically. You would have to get it transferred to a NJ FFL and do the paperwork there. Being the guy was a NJ FFL, the law says a dealer cannot sell a receiver to an unlicensed person FROM another state, not necessarily inside another state. Idk if it would be breaking any law if a NJ FFL sold a NJ resident a receiver inside PA but i wouldnt wanna be the crash test dummy on that one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I came out with a bunch of random ass shit, powder, and what appeared to be the only 5.45 commercial ammo there, and at a decent price too. There were a few AK's that were temping prices and KSG's for $800.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#21]
There is another in Trevose for the 4th and 5th of January I belive.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Makes me wonder who was the NJ FFL that was charging $65 for the transfer?
The only NJ FFL that i saw at the show had a table between Room A and Room B against the wall.

Quoted:

Did the law change?
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top