Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 11:08:46 AM EDT
I'm moving to Old Bridge in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for a gun safe in the 40+ capacity range. I was wondering where most people shop for them in the Old Bridge (Central Jersey) area. I looked at the Dick's in Woodbridge and they had the Field and Stream Pro 48+8 but from what I've read online it doesn't get great reviews so I was hoping to find someplace else to look. I will say that Dick's had really reasonable prices but I guess you get what you pay for so that's the reason the quality isn't there. I appreciate any help.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking of the Mount Laurel store but check out this link.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind the drive to Delaware you can go to the Cabela's right acros the Delaware Memorial.  Tax free shopping and will probably save you a few hundred dollars in tax
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking of the Mount Laurel store but check out this link.
View Quote

This.
Go Liberty or be disappointed.  I have a Lincoln 50 and it's awesome,  I will also be buying a Lincoln 25 for the bedroom soon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you don't mind the drive to Delaware you can go to the Cabela's right acros the Delaware Memorial.  Tax free shopping and will probably save you a few hundred dollars in tax
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No tax on gun safes in NJ:
Receipts from sales of firearm vaults providing secure storage for firearms are exempt from the tax imposed under the "Sales and Use Tax Act", P.L.1966, c.30

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The Sportsman Center in Bordentown has a decent selection. They will deliver too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm from manalapan, welcome to the neighborhood. ...I got mine from tractor supply warehouse.....great prices and I have flat bed tow trucks if u need help moving it......pm me if u want
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]
another vote for Liberty safes. I believe they're a site sponsor also---maybe we get a discount

edit----we do get a discount. click here
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I paid like $75 extra, and they brought it into the house. a small "bribe" is all it usually takes

strangely enough, when I was shopping around I had them send me a catalog under the name "Haywood Jablowmee" and they are the only company that actually sent the catalog LOL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Good call on the arfcom discount. I've heard a lot of good things about Liberty so I guess I'm gonna take a drive down to their store and take a look around. I appreciate all the info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Liberty safes. I was very with satisfied with Chris, their delivery service and the safe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Not exactly in Central Jersey but Shooters in Little Egg Harbor has a decent selection too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm moving to Old Bridge in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for a gun safe in the 40+ capacity range. I was wondering where most people shop for them in the Old Bridge (Central Jersey) area. I looked at the Dick's in Woodbridge and they had the Field and Stream Pro 48+8 but from what I've read online it doesn't get great reviews so I was hoping to find someplace else to look. I will say that Dick's had really reasonable prices but I guess you get what you pay for so that's the reason the quality isn't there. I appreciate any help.
View Quote

No suggestions on the safe but join the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club.  I am a very active member.

Welcome
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No suggestions on the safe but join the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club.  I am a very active member.

Welcome
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome

Yea I would absolutely be interested in the club I will look for the website and get some more info. Thanks for the recommendation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top