Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2014 7:41:56 AM EDT
Can I just leave the gas tube in PA?

Seriously though, if it's not semi-auto don't I avoid all the nonsense?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds legal to me. But seriously?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes only semi auto has to deal with the stupidity.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well yeah if it's not semi-auto than non of the dumb feature restrictions apply. Keep in mind though that unless you have a non-resident FID you are still extremely restricted on where you can legally possess and transport any rifle.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Short answer is probably no.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well yeah if it's not semi-auto than non of the dumb feature restrictions apply. Keep in mind though that unless you have a non-resident FID you are still extremely restricted on where you can legally possess and transport any rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be going to my friend's 2000+ acre farm in South Jersey.  Directly there, shoot stuff, directly home.  

I'd probably leave my carrier key in PA as well.

We shoot the groundhogs on the farm.  Semi-auto isn't needed for that particular task.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd be going to my friend's 2000+ acre farm in South Jersey.  Directly there, shoot stuff, directly home.  

We shoot the groundhogs on the farm.  Semi-auto isn't needed for that particular task.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as you have a valid hunting license you would be covered under the "transporting for hunting or fishing" exemption.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As long as you have a valid hunting license you would be covered under the "transporting for hunting or fishing" exemption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the public record, where would one obtain such a license?  Again, farm nuisance groundhogs.  Is there a season for that?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe you need a small game permit for them. I don't know the ins and outs of all the regs though, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]
You'll need both a hunting license, and a rifle permit.

You can obtain a hunting license at any NJ license agent:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/agentlst.htm

To obtain a rifle permit, you must attend a Hunter Safety course:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/hunted.htm
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you heard the phrase, "You Can Beat The Wrap, But You Can't Beat The Ride", you may be putting yourself in this situation. Not all law enforcement officers know what a gas tube is or would be able to understand why your "M16 looking rifle" is legal.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you heard the phrase, "You Can Beat The Wrap, But You Can't Beat The Ride", you may be putting yourself in this situation. Not all law enforcement officers know what a gas tube is or would be able to understand why your "M16 looking rifle AK47" is legal.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Huh? He was talking about an ar, check the subject.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry Trumpy, not everyone has the sense of humor that I have....how bout this? I'll add several more so you know I'm just KIDDING

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a hunch knowing how NJ gun laws are. My guess is that if it was sold as a semi-auto it will always be a semi auto.

If not, it's a cool idea.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sorry Trumpy, not everyone has the sense of humor that I have....how bout this? I'll add several more so you know I'm just KIDDING

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/mediaguns_zpsb343c9ef.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/mediaguns_zpsb343c9ef.jpg

Dont worry i understood it lol. Except nowadays there hasnt been much focus on AK's now that AR's have been used (so they say it was) in alot of shootings.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just a hunch knowing how NJ gun laws are. My guess is that if it was sold as a semi-auto it will always be a semi auto.

If not, it's a cool idea.
View Quote

I would go with this, It is illegal here and you will sit in Jail as you try to prove it, just get a NJ compliant upper. and don't bring in 15+ magazines.... it is a charge for each one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top