Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 3:30:48 PM EDT
Ive read about the ranges in nj looking for a more updated reviews on them. Im possible looking to join Cherry Ridge range any up to date reviews? Im looking for something with both pistol as well as rifle. Id like something with some distance to shoot the rifle. I know I'm new to the forum, but have been shooting for many years. Any information on ranges would be greatly appreciated. Im also not against driving in to PA I live close to Easton. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I let my membership to cherry ridge lapse right after they put up video cameras  that can watch every bench on every line !
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I read about that on multiple forums not just here. Im with you on that not a fan. I have also read that police have been seen there taking down license plate numbers any truth to that?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant confirm that ! I questioned the camera's and got a song and dance from the president of the association!  I said fk u ,Im done!  Its  been two years since Ive gone there, I was a member over 10 years! I live less than two miles from it , I now belong to a private range with limited membership ten minutes away!  Its not as big , new or nice as CR , but its private with only 150 paying members!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The cameras werent the only issue. They didnt care about the archery range at the time either .They raised the dues $ 75  a year. They have had a minimum 50 new members a month since Obama first took office ,  up until I left I didnt see any improvements , that justified an increase in dues, add to the r.evenue from all the new members , I just didnt see it!  Like I said its been two years so I dont know what they've done since! They have by some accounts at least 10,000 members , but again I cant verify. Its not a bad range , but It lost its lustre for me!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Judging by what your telling me that is not the place for me.. thank you for the input
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Im sure other members will drop by and give you the lastest updates !
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ive read about the ranges in nj looking for a more updated reviews on them. Im possible looking to join Cherry Ridge range any up to date reviews? Im looking for something with both pistol as well as rifle. Id like something with some distance to shoot the rifle. I know I'm new to the forum, but have been shooting for many years. Any information on ranges would be greatly appreciated. Im also not against driving in to PA I live close to Easton. Thanks guys.
View Quote

There is a nice little range in Easton called EFGA, I used to be a member when I lived closer. Membership cost is a fraction of what Cherry Ridge costs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
the cameras at CR are bullshit. I also live 2 miles away ( by Clifwood Lake), but was unaware of any other decent ranges in the area which is the only reason I still go to CR.

they also have RFID tags to enter the gate. they are linked to your range pass number, and who the fuck knows if they're sharing your range attendance records with anyone else.........

I do have the technology to change the numbers in my RFID tag (they're not encrypted or protected in any way) but I'd still be on their 900 fucking cameras LOL.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the cameras at CR are bullshit. I also live 2 miles away ( by Clifwood Lake), but was unaware of any other decent ranges in the area which is the only reason I still go to CR.

they also have RFID tags to enter the gate. they are linked to your range pass number, and who the fuck knows if they're sharing your range attendance records with anyone else.........

I do have the technology to change the numbers in my RFID tag (they're not encrypted or protected in any way) but I'd still be on their 900 fucking cameras LOL.
View Quote

Hey neighbor !
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is a nice little range in Easton called EFGA, I used to be a member when I lived closer. Membership cost is a fraction of what Cherry Ridge costs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on Easton fish and game association, I was a member before I was free.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hey neighbor !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey neighbor !

Hello Neighbor!

.......I think I was talking to you at the BP a while back. you have the pickup with the BFL, right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hello Neighbor!

.......I think I was talking to you at the BP a while back. you have the pickup with the BFL, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey neighbor !

Hello Neighbor!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.cjrpc.com/
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Another +1 for Easton. But as for the cameras and fob access (no cameras at Easton ..yet) I'm on the BOD at Phillipsburg, we have cameras and fob access, and do not share records with ANYBODY. But being on the other side on the issue you would be shocked at how stupid many people are. Some people get a gun in their hand and just lose their minds. When your a hammer everything looks like a nail mentality. This is a CLUB run by volunteers, but many people think since they paid dues the "staff" will clean up, and fix stuff they break. Before the fob one person would give the gate key to their friends and you did not know who is in there. Its unfortunate but necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top