Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 11:19:55 PM EDT
Is he just a noble statesman who puts country ahead of party, or something else?  I don't get it.  I would love for a leftist state of the USA to secede and reduce the Left's power in Washington.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:12:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Is he just a noble statesman who puts country ahead of party, or something else?  I don't get it.  I would love for a leftist state of the USA to secede and reduce the Left's power in Washington.  
View Quote
He is the Prime Minister of the UK, not England. How can he support a part of the Union breaking away and becoming independent? Maybe he is sufficiently confident in his party that they can beat Labour even with the Scots on board. Maybe he secretly wants them out, and is playing on the fact that the highly emotional Scots will instinctively rebel against the pleading from the Tories (generally hated in Scotland) and Westminster (Also a name guaranteed to inflame Braveheart fans).....

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
So...........what's the news?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The Jockinese bastards wimped out...couldn't give up all that free stuff for something as worthless as freedom.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Jockinese bastards wimped out...couldn't give up all that free stuff for something as worthless as freedom.
View Quote

The Scotts favoring independence that NPR was interviewing here generally came off as (at best) wanna-be commies and were talking about all sorts of ideological and economic collectivism that they thought would come with independence. The pro-Union people seemed to be a (little) bit more conservative overall and much more engaged in the pragmatic component.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top