Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2014 12:26:17 PM EDT
Hi Guys can you give me some info as I need to make a comparison between legal system.

The subject matter concerns  restrictions based solely on the content of the speech  and not on its from (ie TV broadcasts, demonstrating without a permit, handing out flyer's etc). Also disregard the separate problems of commercial speech brings up.

1-) Is it a crime under UK law to offend members of the Royal family / Prime Minister  ?

2-) Is it a criminal offence to offend incite hatred of any ethnic gender or sexual groups ?

3-) Is it a criminal offence to libel somebody or is it just a civil case ?

4-) Is it a criminal offence to insult a civil servant ?

5-) Can you organise a private club with (self designed) uniforms and/or medals (weird one I know).

-6) Can it be a crime of one of the above if the speech was factually true.

-7) Can local local government entities  limit the content of speech ?

-8) Do content restriction have to be laid down in law ?

-9) Is the freedom of speech greater for different segments of society (artists, members of parliament, academics etc.)

Feel free to awn ser any one of the above would help me with a lot of searching ! Just give a picture under Dutch law the response would be Yes to all of the above except the local government can't regulate content.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top