Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2013 3:05:34 AM EDT
So I am trying to encourage all the HTF forums to set up a Christmas party for a meet and greet I think it would be encouraging and productive to do so as a community yet your HTF forum does not have a Moderator so I am posting this as a thread. If you set one up be sure to notify not only in the HTF buy in GD in this thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1556659_.html&page=1&anc=43891862#i43891862
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So I am trying to encourage all the HTF forums to set up a Christmas party for a meet and greet I think it would be encouraging and productive to do so as a community yet your HTF forum does not have a Moderator so I am posting this as a thread. If you set one up be sure to notify not only in the HTF buy in GD in this thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1556659_.html&page=1&anc=43891862#i43891862
View Quote

It's not really a HTF anymore, it's just here for the airsofters, sorry

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The Brits have mostly moved on to TOS.  

Too much infighting here sadly.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's TOS? I'm on one site that thinks this site is TOS. Is every site other than the one you're on at the time you are posing the question TOS? I think I need to lie down now....
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TOS=The Other Side?
View Quote

'The Other Site'... A way ARFCOMERS generally refer to M4carbine.net

I assume it could mean any other forum??
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Where's TOS? I'm on one site that thinks this site is TOS. Is every site other than the one you're on at the time you are posing the question TOS? I think I need to lie down now....
View Quote

If it helps to clarify, think of it this way: every site other than the one you are currently on, is consider The Other Site. However, in order to distinguish which Other Site you mean, you need to call it The Other Other Site, so that people do not confuse it with whichever Other Site they are thinking about. Thus, by instead referring to it as "The Other Other Site", people will easily understand that you are referring to another site that isn't the other site that they think you are referring to, unless they are in fact thinking of the site you are thinking about in which case they will understand that when you say The Other Other Site you are actually referring to The Other Site that they are thinking about but not The Other Site that you are not thinking about.

See. Easy.

Link Posted: 11/21/2013 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought it meant "their own space"...

And just because we don't often post in the UKHTF, doesn't mean we don't visit GD etc
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought it meant "their own space"...

And just because we don't often post in the UKHTF, doesn't mean we don't visit GD etc
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If it helps to clarify, think of it this way: every site other than the one you are currently on, is consider The Other Site. However, in order to distinguish which Other Site you mean, you need to call it The Other Other Site, so that people do not confuse it with whichever Other Site they are thinking about. Thus, by instead referring to it as "The Other Other Site", people will easily understand that you are referring to another site that isn't the other site that they think you are referring to, unless they are in fact thinking of the site you are thinking about in which case they will understand that when you say The Other Other Site you are actually referring to The Other Site that they are thinking about but not The Other Site that you are not thinking about.

See. Easy.

View Quote

That is the funniest thing posted on here since the tumbleweed started blowing .
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
We are having an early Christmas get together as over 70 of us are shooting one of our monthly Civilian Service Rifle matches this Saturday (7th December).
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, our idea of a party.....

<st1:place w:st="on">
<st1:placename w:st="on">Short</st1:placename>
<st1:placetype w:st="on">Range</st1:placetype></st1:place> Practises

Stage 1 - The 300x Kinnaird

Type of practice - Rapid / 300 yards / Prone / 2 sighting shots and 10 to count
/ Fig12 / 5 & 4

1. After two sighting shots have
been fired and spotting discs shown, competitors are to apply safety catches
and stand up 2. The targets will
make one appearance of 60 seconds

3. On appearance of the targets,
competitors are to adopt the prone position and fire ten rounds

Stage 2 - The 200x Bisley Bullet

Type of practice – Snap / 200 yards / Prone / 10 to count / Fig 14 Window / 5,
4 & 3

1. Competitors are to be in the
prone position with rifles loaded 2.
Targets will make ten appearances of three seconds over a frontage of 6ft 3. On appearance of the targets,
competitors are to fire one round per exposure

Stage 3 - The 200x Sitting

Type of practice - Rapid / 200 yards / Sitting / 10 to count / Two Fig 11 / 5
& 4

ready alert position with rifles loaded  2. On appearance of the targets for 40
seconds competitors are to adopt the sitting position and fire 5 rounds at each
target.
<o:p></o:p>

Stage 4 - The 100x Standing

Type of practice - Snap / 100 yards / Standing followed by kneeling or
squatting /10 to count / One Fig14 Window / 5, 4 & 3

standing ready alert position with rifles loaded 2. The target will make five double exposures of ‘3 seconds up, 2
seconds down, 3 seconds up' at irregular intervals over a period of 2 minutes.
The first shot at each double exposure is to be fired from the standing
position and the second shot from either the sitting or squatting positions.
Firers must return to the standing ready alert position after each double exposure.

Stage 5 - The 100x Breaking from Cover

Type of practice - Snap / 100 yards / Standing, from kneeling or squatting / 10
to count / One Fig14 Window / 5, 4 & 3

kneeling or squatting position with rifles loaded 2. Targets will make five appearances of six seconds 3. On appearance of the targets,
competitors are to stand up and fire two rounds per exposure 4. Competitors are to return to the
kneeling or squatting position between exposures
Long Range Rural Contact (Amended)

Stage 1 - The 500x Harrassing Fire

Type of practice - Rapid / 500 yards / Prone / 2 sighting shots and10 to count
/ Triple Fig11 / 5 & 4 on the middle target, 2 on the outer targets

1. After two sighting shots have
been fired and spotting discs shown, competitors are to apply safety catches
and stand up 2. The targets will
make one appearance of 60 seconds

3. On appearance of the targets, competitors are to adopt the prone position
and fire ten rounds

Stage 2 -
The 500x – 300x Rundown

Type of practice – Rapid with F&M / 500x, 400x & 300x / Prone / 10 to
count / Triple Fig11 at 500x & 400x. Fig12 at 300x / 5 & 4 on the
middle Fig11 target and Fig12, 2 on the outer targets

standing ready alert position with rifles loaded 2. On appearance of the targets at 500x for fifteen seconds,
competitors are to adopt the prone position and fire two rounds 3. There will then be a 1 second
‘flash’ of the targets which will be the signal for competitors to move to the
400x firing point 4. There will be
two 6 second exposures of the Triple Fig11 target 5. Competitors are to fire two rounds per exposure 6. There will then be a 1 second
‘flash’ of the targets which will be the signal for competitors to move to the
300x firing point 7. There will be
two 6 second exposures of the Fig12 target 8.
Competitors are to fire two rounds per exposure 9. Competitors will have 30 seconds to move between firing points 10. Safety Catches will be applied
during all movement

Stage 3 - The 300x Wantage

Type of practice - Snap / 300 yards / Prone / 10 to count / One Fig12 / 5 &

prone position with rifles loaded 2.
Targets will make ten appearances of three seconds over a frontage of 6ft 3. On appearance of the targets,
competitors are to fire one round per exposure.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

See. Easy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See. Easy.

Seriously FAF
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Wow ...Things have changed here.        

Infighting?...do tell me more

I've been away for a while and just popped in

Taffy

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Taffy

Hi Taffy

It's all very tedious but following a cultural disagreement a new site was set up for UK CSR shooters, which is where we all now reside, although some of us still pass through here........can't get a decent Brit Bash thread going anymore though.........
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hi Taffy  

It's all very tedious but following a cultural disagreement a new site was set up for UK CSR shooters, which is where we all now reside, although some of us still pass through here........can't get a decent Brit Bash thread going anymore though.........

Though God knows I've been trying my best

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Hi Taffy  

I think the Septics have realised they aren't up to the task.......
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure they will be, eventually. History suggests we just need to wait 4 years until we've nearly finished the job, then they'll be ready to waltz in and claim all the credit

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sad to hear that AR15.com lost some of the UK members. What was this cultural dispute that drove people away?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Could somebody IM me a link to the site our British members fled to?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

We didn't flee. We were a minority group being oppressed for our cultural beliefs, so we left for a New World where we could live free of political correctness,  and be able to express ourselves freely and take the piss in a self governing utopia.....

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We didn't flee. We were a minority group being oppressed for our cultural beliefs, so we left for a New World where we could live free of political correctness,  and be able to express ourselves freely and take the piss in a self governing utopia.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It did thank you.....but some of us still pop in from time to time or you wouldn't be able to have Brit Bash Threads....but please try and find some new material..........

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It did thank you.....but some of us still pop in from time to time or you wouldn't be able to have Brit Bash Threads....but please try and find some new material..........  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

France??
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, I have retaken Western France for the English Crown, so now I'm back.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top