Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 4:29:15 PM EDT
Fo?

either Naples or Venice are about the same price--unbelievable $550 rond trip
worth going?

not too excited about the long flight.....ug.

what to do in those areas?

would get a car if we go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Cleatus:
Fo?

either Naples or Venice are about the same price--unbelievable $550 rond trip
worth going?

not too excited about the long flight.....ug.

what to do in those areas?

would get a car if we go.
View Quote

PM me I currently live 1 hour form Venice and have (her)family in Naples so I might could give you a few tips.

$550 is a great deal for a round trip.  October is a perfect time of the year to come here, the weather is perfect.  Lots of beautiful places close to Venice.  The Dolomite Mountains (Pre-Alps) are 1.5 hours away by car or train.  How many days are you thinking you will have to spare.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
-- this got cancelled-- didn't get the tix in time.

will of course be watching for flights to Europe-- so we still may make it!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now, there are flights available from New York to Milan for ~$350 round trip, with dates available from August to December. If you're interested, PM me ASAP and I'll send you the link.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coctailer:

Damn!!
Let me know if you find any deals from Grand Rapids to Nuremberg!!
View Quote
There is a nearly zero percent chance of that coming up.

But you can get from Detroit to New York for less than $200 round trip all day long, and you can occasionally find it for about $100 round trip. And you can fly round trip from Milan to Nuremberg for about $40 on RyanAir. That means round trip Detroit to Nuremberg for under $600, which still ain't bad.

And, a lot of that expense is getting from Grand Rapids to NYC. If you can come up with a cheaper way of doing that (it's only a 12 hour drive), you're in business.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Just a heads up. I’ve been around Italy pretty extensively with friends and family and we are pretty much in agreement that Naples and Venice aren’t places you should spend most of your time. Both are pretty dirty places. Hit the highlights like Pompeii, the canals, etc and go.

We did the train one time from Rome up to Florence, then to Milan, then into Switzerland. Stayed in Interlacken and went to the top of the Jungfrau.

That was a great trip. Stay however long in each stop.

Florence was our all-time favorite place in Italy. You can make day trips to Pissa and all the tower towns.

Of course Rome is a week by itself.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Italy is awesome, catch a good deal and get over here for some real pizza.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top