Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2015 6:54:21 AM EDT
I have figured out they were changed in 2010 but have only been able to find short summary's

Has anybody got a link to the text a can put in Google translate ?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a lot wil try and translate it tomorow.

I can alredy see its much more deltailed thain the others I found online
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the PD's official instruction. If google translator does not help, ask and I'll translate some of the stuff for you
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#4]
No it is not much of a problem and I can tell what they mean

"the blow to the base can be deactivated"

Current Dutch deactivation is retarded as for handguns and full/semi long guns they have to be sawed in half over the length. In by in theory if you ground the gun down in to atoms those atoms would be illegal because it was not sawed in half in the first place. Ding up a pile of rust from WWII that can never be made to fuction=Illegal firearm.

This might change in the future however. I know the old Finland rules were prettty good (or bad if youre a gun hater) and that after the change they sucked. But they suck less than the Dutch rules so that a start at least.

Its not clear ow you would deactivate a (integrated) supressor ?      

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Its not clear ow you would deactivate a (integrated) supressor ?      

View Quote

True. Suppressors are treated a bit weirdly. They do not require a permit, if you own a firearm (that requires a permit).
I guess, and this might be a long shot, that if the suppressor only looks like one and does really not do much, is considered to be a pipe and not a suppressor. But to my knowledge, we have not had a legal case on the issue and thus no real pointers to lean on (which proves the point that suppressors should be a must have accessory to every gun instead of being seen as evil features).
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Dutch rules wake this weirder, we ban:

'Suppressors for firearms'

This effectively means you need a licence to put one on your firearm (a license that is never issued) but you can buy a full titanium one for your airgun.

We will see anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top